Chris announced to the rest of their group "An omega."

With a sinister smile Gerard said, "The lone-wolf! Possibly kicked out of his own pack or the survivor of a pack that was hunted down, maybe even murdered. And possibly alone by his own choice. Certainty not a wise one."

Unwrapping a large sword, Gerard said "Because as I am about to demonstrate, an omega rarely survives on his own!"

At the end of his sentence he sliced the terrified werewolf in half with one swoop of the blade.

Samantha put a hand over her mouth to keep from screaming out as she watched his intestines fall and land on the ground with the lower half of his body.

Scott fought to break free, but when Derek didn't let go, he averted his eyes.
Not able to stomach the sight any longer.

"Look, look at them! You see what they do? This is why you need me; why you need a pack, Scott." Derek said forcing Scott to turn and look at the group of hunters.

"The only way to fight them is together." Samantha agreed with her alpha.

Scott looked at her and then back to Gerard and his men and asked, "What are they doing?"

"Declaring war." Derek's voice was accompanied by a faint growl..

Chris Argent looked at his father and said "We have a code."

Sam started to turn and walk away but stopped when she heard Gerard start talking again, "Not when they murder my daughter. No code, not anymore. From now on these things are just bodies waiting to be cut in half. I don't care if they're wounded and weak, or seemingly harmless... begging for their life with the promise that they will never, ever hurt anyone. Or some desperate, lost soul with no idea what they're getting into. We find them. We kill them. We kill them all!"

With that, he plunged the sword deep into the earth.

Derek was right.
This was war.

~(The next day)~

Sam breathed out a small sigh of relief when she sat down at an empty lunch table, she'd been avoiding Allison since she'd just watched her father and grandfather murder an innocent werewolf the night before in the woods.

It wasn't much longer that Stiles and Scott sat down with her.

"What do you want?" She was curious.
They'd never sat with her before.

"Oh, I don't know, maybe that you're a freaking werewolf." Stiles said with his mouth half full of food.
She could just barely get what he said.

Scott glanced at his best friend and then back to Sam, "Did Derek turn you?"

Opening her cup of Jell-O, she nodded.

"What? Why didn't you tell us?" Stiles asked her as he washed his food down with a drink of water.
He squeezed the flimsy plastic bottle too tightly and it overflowed like a volcano.

With an indiscernible noise he started waving his now wet hand around wildly.

Sam jumped when a few of the cold droplets hit in her face.

"Why would I have told either of you? We're not friends..." She reminded them.

Neither of them had ever been mean to her that she could remember, but they weren't friends.

"He's trying to build a pack, isn't he?" Scott realized, his eyes wide as he laid his fork down on his plate.
No longer able to stomach the thought of food.

All he could see when he closed his eyes was the man that Gerard had cut in half.

Suspended from a tree. Helpless and weak. Not a threat in the slightest.