Duryodhana could not think anymore, he felt as if his brain was going to explode. 

'I got whatever I wanted, I humiliated those Pandavas and I am very happy. I also humiliated Draupadi but then why am I not feeling right? Why I am feeling that at least for Draupadi I should not do that...but she humiliated me and my father. No...but trying to disrobe a woman...no no this is not right. And Karn, I just want him back but I have no idea why he proposed to sell himself. Oh God! what have I done?'

Then Dusshasshan, Shakuni and Aswatthama entered. Shakuni, 'Bhanje why did to agree to give Indraprastha and their wealth to Adhirath? I have some big plans for Indraprastha as it will be ours. The Pandavas will also be our slaves for the rest of their lives. But you ruined all my planes Duryodhana.'

Aswatthama, 'What big plans? Want to make one of your sons the king?'

Shakuni, 'It was my planning. I did all the hard works, so I must receive the reward for defeating the Pandavas.'

Dusshassha, 'At least we have that Sutputra in our clutches. He is our servant now and now I will take my revenge for my humiliation from him and his fiancee.'

Duryodhana turned around and punched him hard. 'Don't you dare to say another word against my friend or Avni bhabishri Dusshashan, I am warning all of you. If I know that anyone in this palace misbehaves with Karna or Avni, I promise in the name of my Guru Balram, I will kill that man or woman at that instant. Even it is my brother, friend or you mamashri. I will not tolerate any disrespect towards them. Am I clear?'

All of them were scared seeing his reaction. Shakuni gulped and said, 'Off course Bhanje, after all, he is going to start Digvijaya for us. We shall take good care of him.'

Duryodhana, 'Mamashri, I am very tired. So just leave now. All of you.'

Outside the chamber, Dusshasshan was angry as all his plans to humiliate Karna and Avni were in vain. Sensing his dilemma Shakuni told him, 'Dusshasshan, I know what you are planning but don't even think of touching Avni. First of all, we have Karna, not Avni as Karna is not Yudhistir who will think of his fiancee as a property. If you try anything with Avni that you did with Draupadi, Karna will not think twice before killing you. He does not follow Dharma blindly like Kuru elders or Pandavas. Another thing, we need him for Digvijaya as well as to fight against Panadavas. So don't try anything stupid.'  

Avantika

She was sitting numbly in Bhanumati's room. Her fear of being separated from Karna came true. She knew that now in this situation Karna would never agree to marry her as he was concerned for her safety. He sacrificed everything to protect his blood relatives. Avni cried silently, 'Why Mahadev, why did you do this to us? Why Karna has to face all these injustices? First his mother, then his foster mother, his brothers for everyone he had to sacrifice his happiness. He is the son of Suryadev, he never committed any sin in his life, then why he is the one who suffered all these tortures?' 

Bhanumati after leaving the Pandavas, returned to the Royal Hall to see Karna was still standing there looking at the throne. The guards were standing outside but none were courageous enough to enter and ask him something. Bhanumati, 'Bhrata, I asked Avni to wait for you in my room. I know after all these you will surely want to talk to her.'

Karna smiled sadly, 'Why are you calling me Bhrata, Yuvrani? Your husband destroyed that relationship with me. Now I am nothing but a servant of Hastinapur.'

Bhanumati could not stop herself, she started crying, 'Bhrata, please don't say that. What Arya did was a grave sin but you are my Bhrata and you always will be. He may forget your favors but I am not.'