ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜱᴇᴠᴇɴ: ᴀꜱʟᴀɴ'ꜱ ᴍɪꜱꜱɪᴏɴ

Start from the beginning

“Yet I still don't know why I feel like that.” Was my short reply, going down to sit on the gentle grass.

Following my actions, the lion sat in front of me, his mane dancing gracefully with the wind. “A lie is quickly deciphered by oneself, especially if one is gifted with such peculiarities.”

I glared playfully at him with a groan, knowing what he was getting at. To think of what he was saying, it gave me a sense of truth. Ever since I went out of Narnia through the wardrobe, an inkling feeling perturbed myself. Spending days of trying to distinguish what it was, I soon gave up with a sigh. Even now I still had difficulties to recognize the error, until this dream made me realize what it was.

“What's happening to me?” I started slowly, going back to all the jolts of pain I had experienced. “Am I dying?”

“Far from dying, actually.” He laughed, myself just waiting in anticipation.

“So that means I'm dying, but really soon?” Came my reply, over thinking his words.

“No,” Aslan shook his head, his mane moving in synch. I stopped speaking, aware that it might vex the lion. “Those memories from seconds ago weren't my doing.”

“Was it from the trees?” A large grin scattered on my face when he let out a playful huff of annoyance. Okay, I'll stop.

When the trees rustled marvellously, the both of us stood up. We then proceeded to walk aimlessly around the forest, just observing how consecutive dryads appeared here and there.

“You did well with making your gifts,” Aslan started, nodding at a young dryad who giggled away. I only remained quiet, conscious of how he's about to explain what was happening to me. “Four of which took a lot of magic from you.”

I pondered with it for a few seconds, later scratching my nape awkwardly. If what I think is true, that would mean only a few things. For one, I could be loosing my abilities due to each of my gifts biting it off of me. But that would only mean I shouldn't have any magic left due to it already being a whole century.

“Close.” He hummed in wonder, making me stop my thoughts.

“So I'm slowly getting rid of being an empath?” I frowned, not knowing why I was too obtuse in what I was feeling.

We passed by a bridge, the sounds of water rushing in a straight direction providing a comforting noise to become our background music. Everything around us were lively, like they weren't slumbering with multiple traces of magic. It was like the Narnia I once knew and loved. The world I helped reign along with the four Pevensies.

“Your abilities are evolving,” I snapped my attention to him, eyebrows furrowed. “Your items however, are sealing you from doing so.”

For a few minutes we just stalked the whole area, him giving me enough time to comprehend his words. Until all flooded in my head, making me believe I now know what the episodes represent. My thoughts came out with a pout, scolding myself for only realizing it this late. In everytime they occur, all had stronger impacts and distinct images.

A large puzzle formed inside my head, putting together pieces until it showed a valuable solution. The visions were locations, all of which shows where to find my gifts. First on the list was the Shuddering Woods, the place Trumpkin said he last saw Caspian. To which means the boy really did have my ring. Next was a castle, and if I were to put it together, it would mean someone from the downstairs of Telmar's kingdom bears another one. Then the last one for now was under the stars, the perfect scenery of where centaurs observed their beliefs. They were said to be guarding my bracelets. A final wave was coming, one that would complete the sequence of my gifts.