Chapter Two: the Formidable Ally

Tobio and Hinata were practice receivers but Hinata kept missing and Tobio was yelling at him. Hinata wanted to jump instead of practicing receives.

“that's enough a word to the wise Daichi"s a nice guy but you won’t like him when he’s mad, trust me, if he found out we were practicing early I’m dead not that I’m afraid of Daichi or anything but anyway let's keep this between us” but that plan was spoiled cause Suga barged in causing them to all jump.

Tanaka-san was wondering how Suga knew. “Something was oblivious up, why else would you take the key when you're barely on time, don’t worry I won’t tell.” They were relieved that suga wasn’t going to tell on them, and soon Suga was helping Hinata with receives

“Hinata don’t get distracted,” he said after a ball hit Hinata in the head who wanted my brother to set for him as I watched my brother then smack a ball towards Hinata who couldn’t receive.

“that came straight at you tossing and attacking can only happen if there's reception, you can’t do that so don’t get cocky” Suga-san and Tanaka-san looked ready to scold Tobio but was cut off by him saying they needed to clean up so they started rushing about putting everything up and mopping the floor.

I went to help Tobio collect the volleyball scatter about, "Tobio That was too harsh."

"I set to whoever wins” “what do you mean?"  I asked him" he lacks experience he should focus on the basics”

“yes he should but where's the fun in just playing to be the best and winning. I know grandpa wanted us to do well but he also wanted us to have fun and enjoy ourselves kinda like when we play together I know I not the best or anywhere near your skill” I said causing him to slightly raise his voice yelling.

“of course you are”

“Tobio I was hospitalized for almost two years and I’m still underweight and still recovering. I kept up with you before that happened  and I’ll probably never catch up but I still play cause I like playing with you so try tossing to him Saturday and getting closure to your teammate you  might find it to be a little fun okay.”

“Okay but what if they turn out like Kitagawa first?” he questioned me as he told me what happened at Kitagawa first and it wasn't good.

“do they seem to like them? I mean look they haven't even said anything about my eyes and you know they freak some people out. they only thing they don't ask you to get along with Hinata."  “Yeah, okay"  “then there's your answer just give it a try.” he nodded his acceptance to at least try. 

                                       At lunch

I found my brother asleep at his desk “Tobio'' I poked him “let's go get milk ''. Soon he was up with me holding his sleeve as we walked to the vending machine. When we got there we notice Hinata and Suga-san practicing receives they were talking about something and I thought a heard Kageyama's name but I wasn't completely sure. 

                                After school 

"Yana” I heard my brother call my nickname so I joined him outside the gym to see what he wanted  “yeah Tobes" 

“Hinata and I are practicing in the park near hereafter practices done here will you head there so we can walk home together”

“okay be safe tho”

“yeah, you too now get to practice” I waved him off and went to back practice. I was watching Suga and Tanaka yawning

“you guys sound sleepy,” Sawamura said eyeing the two causing them to sputter with an excuse about studying but Suga hit Tanaka saying “it's not convincing coming from you”