'bhooo'

She heard a soft sound and acted scared. Giggles filled the room.

'Rehan! You scared Mumma!'

The five-year old boy laughed and climbed his mother's laps. He kissed her cheeks. Since all these years, he had been her sole reason to carry on, the apple of her eye. She planted a big kiss on her forehead.

B: Did you brush? Pray?

R: Yes Mumma! I brushed and prayed to Bholenath..

B: Good Boy! (she ruffled his hair)

R: Mumma, Can I have bweakfast now?

B: Sure!!! Chalo..

R: Yay!! I want a sand-wich...

Bani knew what her monster would want and had already prepped. It was his last day at his play school. From tomorrow, he will starting proper schooling at a prestigious school. Bani fed him and gave him a bath.

B: Rehan, today is your last day!

R: Yes mumma! Kl se I will go to big boy school!!!

B: Yes! So aaj tum jo chaho pehen skte ho, no need of uniform...konsa t-shirt nikalu?

R: Ohh! I pick!!

Rehan pulled out his favourite black t-shirt with a small gun made at the chest pocket. Bani was instantly transported to Mumbai. Rehan loved black like his father. She wondered how Veer would have felt about Rehan but she also feared if he would accept the baby? He called her a gold digger after all. He might think Rehan is not his and accuse her of trapping him.

R: Mumma, you sad?

Rehan's ability to pick on her emotions amazed her. He was never a fussy baby and hated troubling her. In fact, she felt he was the most sensible for his age. He would always do as she told him to do. If she was the slightest bit upset, he could sense it and hug her close with his tiny arms.

B: No Rehan, just a little emotional that you are growing up!

Rehan smiled and Bani made him wear his clothes and dropped him off to his playschool which was just a little walk away. Post that she returned to home. It was cute a little cottage surrounded by greens.

She quickly cleaned everything

She quickly cleaned everything. It was her off day from work and she wanted to utilize it to the maximum. She then decided to bake Rehan's favourite cake to celebrate his end of play school. She knew she would not be able to afford a lot like Veeranshu but she still aspired to offer Rehan all she could afford.

She was in the middle of beating the batter when the doorbell rang. Bani placed the bowl on the table on the kitchen counter and answered the door.