i. god of mischief

CHAPTER I

CHAPTER I.
GOD OF MISCHIEF

' i am nearly world renowned
as a restless soul who always skips town
but I look for you to come around
and anchor me back down '
anchor  mindy gledhill

DIM LIGHT STREAMS IN FROM THE DIRTY WINDOWS, AIDED BY THE SLOWLY FLICKERING CANDLES TO THE RIGHT AS KEL AND MOBIUS STAND IN A CIRCLE OF BODIES.

    The grey-haired man has his hands at his sides, spinning in a slow circle with a grave look on his face. The girl, however, is crouched down, elbows on her knees as her wide eyes stare at the face of one of the dead men. She was tempted to reach out and prod the body with one of her hands, suspicion —as always— getting ahead of her better judgement.

    "Kel." Mobius' light yet burdened voice cuts through his younger clone's thoughts, and the girl looks up through sorrowful eyes. Mobius says nothing more, and instead shakes his head slightly. Usually, Kel would fight back, she'd make a quippy —and insanely unfunny— joke that could ease the tension.

    Though normally, Kel thinks bitterly as she stands back up, tucking a loose strand of hair from her ponytail behind her ear, they weren't standing in a circle of dead men and women.

    "The hunter and his Minutemen responded to a routine nexus event." one of the other TVA guards calls out, her voice clear, and Kel thinks, too loud for these quiet halls.

    They are in a church, it looks like, with stained glass windows and a polished tile floor. The blood from the wounds are a stark contrast to the peace shown about the space. Kel shivers, but she isn't cold.

    The girl crosses her arms over her chest and walks over to stand beside Mobius. They are a strange pair, those two, and when taking a first glance at them, you would never suspect they were supposed to be the same person.

    She is more tan, with large bug eyes and high cheekbones. She wears a frown almost permanently, and always seems to need to keep moving.

    He is more calm, cool and collected, in a tailored suit and effortlessly styled hair. He always wears a smirk, and can stay still when the time needs it. That is why he is in charge. She is more likely to mess things up, and he is the only one to keep her in check.

    The Guard continues. "It appears that when they arrived, somebody got the jump on 'em."

    Kel scoffs as Mobius puts his hands on his hips and says. "You think?" Kel follows Mobius as he does her previous action, leaning down while she stays upright, peering over his shoulder. She fiddles with her hands, wringing them together, crossing them, then uncrossing them again. The back of her neck prickles.