Part 2

Hi friends, I am back with an update. I am not sure whether this is up to the mark. But, I hope you enjoy it reading. This is about the events that led to part 1. Thank you all for your valuable comments on my previous update. They mean so much to me.

*********************************

What a hectic day! He is unable to sleep at all – not only because of mosquitoes but also because of the bad events that happened today. The day started so well that he was smiling like a fool and it ended making him a real fool. He was very tired and just need a good night's sleep. He is ready to fight with his beloved wife, his family, or even the whole world tomorrow. Tonight he wants to sleep peacefully like a baby, but his Sai Devima didn't even leave a chance for that. She declared that she is not going to sleep with him anymore on the same bed. He could not help but roll his eyes thinking about that. As if she is sleeping with him so far? For god's sake, she builds a damn fort in the middle of them every night since day one. Well, it's his fault only. He should have not taken her hands off him in the first place. Now, when he is eager to her touch, he has a wicked fort to cross. He hates that fort so much that some nights he dreams of destroying it. It takes too much space in their bed for his liking. But today, the bed is fort-free.

He woke up with a jolt. Oh goodness, today he can have the whole bed to himself like the good old days. Tomorrow, he will make sure that Sai gets back to their bed by crook or hook. Now, he doesn't need to sleep here miserably when he can happily rollover on an unoccupied bed. He grinned like an idiot. Since Sai came, he was trying to maintain his ACP posture and even slept in all alert mode. She should stop calling him 'sir'. Not so important now. But, the real question here is how is he going to reach his bed without facing Sai? Who told him to strut out of the room with so much swag and attitude?

He prayed to God that Sai should be already sleeping or at least fall asleep before he reaches their room. He was about to stand up from the sofa when Pakhi showed up, shocking him. Well, this can't be good.

"What are you doing wandering the house at night, Pakhi?" he asked annoyed.

"I could not sleep at all and hence came out for some fresh air." She explained.

Wow! She could not sleep? Seriously? Because of her, his wife is sleeping on the floor and he is struggling on this couch, but she could not sleep in her bloody king-size bed? Atrocious!

"Well, enjoy yourself!" he started walking towards his room.

"Where are you going, Virat?" she asked in a panicked voice. He stopped and looked at her.

"To pilgrimage" he stated and she looked confused.

"Huh?"

"To my room, Pakhi. Where else would I go?" he said irritatingly.

"I thought you are going to sleep here since it seems you brought a pillow and blanket with you" she indicated towards his hands carrying them.

"Yes, I came here to sleep, but changed my mind after seeing you." he said lazily.

"What do you mean by that?" her eyes are wide as saucers now.

"I don't think it would be appropriate if anyone happens to see us together. We don't want to be blamed simply because we were in the wrong place at the wrong time now. Do we?" he explained calmly.

She seemed to be hurt by his words. Not his concern at all.

"And also, this couch is uncomfortable. I need my bed to sleep in. If your questionnaire is over, I am off to bed now." He turned and walked just two steps before she called him again.