Chapter Two

Lauryn Harper

"April quit!" I popped her hand from touching her head.

    I was in the middle of trying to lay this wig down on her huge ass head, and she kept bothering the edge wrap.

"This hoe is tight and you know it." She kissed her teeth.

"Naw, yo head just big as shit." I scoffed setting down the hot comb.

"You lucky you slaying my hair."

    It was 9:00 and the party wasn't supposed to start until 10 so we was just getting our hair together before we got dressed and ready.

"Who is this sneaky link of yours?" I figured I'd ask since I didn't bother to earlier.

"His name is Kiari. And before you ask, he's JUST a sneaky link. We were friends his senior year and my freshman year. But we reunited at a party not too long ago and boom. I'm in his bed." She shrugged.

"So you've never once thought about having feelings for him?"

"Nope. I'm too young for that and he's a bopper anyways. Can't let a muthafucka like that have my heart."

"But he can have your vagina?" I raised an eyebrow.

"That's all he's good for and vice versa. I supply him, he supplies me. And at the end of the day, we can still hit each other up as friends."

   I love my cousin, and wish nothing but the best for her. Although I decided to forfeit this conversation. She obviously knew what she was doing and I trusted her to be safe. I didn't want to object my opinions onto her, because personally I don't think I could do it. When I get involved with someone, I expect to go all in. No one has been able to get me that far though, which is why I still hold on to my virginity. My dad is also to blame for that though. He has instilled these morals inside of my brain that I have grown accustomed to.

"Can you do my eyebrows? I need them to look like sisters, but they keep looking like cousins." April pouted at my vanity.
________

    After us doing and checking each other's makeup, we got dressed and was ready to go. We would have been ready minutes ago, if April wasn't so worried about which clothes were more danceable.

    I alerted my mom that I was leaving and checked on Mason before we were out the door.

"Give me your phone so I can send myself those pictures you took of me." April tapped me as we stepped into my car.

"Okay, but you gotta flick me up when we get there." I handed my phone off to her.

"Ouuuuu weeeeee. Hoes might as well just come up off they niggas tonight cousin." She grinned as she gawked over her pics.

    I shook my head and kept driving to the club's address that she sent me

    I was expecting this party to be a stress reliever for myself. It hasn't been two full days since I've been in Atlanta and I keep feeling like there's this weight on my shoulders. I just wanna be able to kick back and relax for one night.