''How have you been, really?'' you ask and search her eyes, because you genuinely care, you want to know whether she is doing okay and whether she feels happiness in her life. ''Things have been very busy, you know but I am okay'' she replies and there is something in her features that is making it hard for you to believe the blonde. 

However, you quickly figure out what it is that is making you doubt the honesty in her statement- Guilt. The way her eyes leave yours, searching for something in the room to hide how she feels deep down. And you have seen that look on her face, ever since that one afternoon, that one afternoon where everything seemed to change in the matter of seconds. 

One year and a few months ago:

It was a sunny afternoon, just one of those days where everything seemed perfect and no matter what life decided to throw your way would be able to stop how happy you felt and how you cherished every moment of that day. That's until life decided to throw Misty your way and although you don't blame the blonde witch with curly hair personally, her return to the academy, led to how things changed or rather ended. Cordelia and you decided to spend the day together, doing some gardening as it was warm and sunny, doing some work in the greenhouse and enjoying lunch in her office together. The academy was mostly quiet, only some girls actually there, while most of them were out, enjoying the warm and sunny weather, while others decided to sleep and rest for the busy week to come. Delia decided to make some salad with you that day and you enjoyed spending time in the kitchen with her so much. You still remember chopping the vegetables with her and watching her prepare two plates in awe, every single swift movement of her body so delicate, yet perfect. 

Afterwards you went to her office and you ate in comfortable silence, only occasionally talking about small things like the upcoming week or her talking about the upcoming council meetings. You couldn't help but watch her, completely forgetting about finishing your salad because even relaxed, sunny Sunday afternoon Delia with sauce from the salad all over her face, looked so damn beautiful and you fell in love with every single one of her details and features all over again. Your little moment was interrupted when you heard a knock and you huffed, knowing whoever was knocking with whatever demand or intention, needed Delia's attention. It was Mallory, the brunette usual shy girl entered with a slightly confused reaction ''Um Miss Cordelia- there is- um somebody here'' she said and looked at you with a reaction that you didn't understand until later on. 

Cordelia got up, gracefully as she usually would and you followed her and Mallory downstairs. You stood in the hallway, Cordelia in the middle, Mallory to her left and you to her right. The front door opened and the light hit it perfectly so it seemed as if the gates to heaven were opened in that moment. Only for a short girl to arrive with brown hair and an adorable smile ''Nan?'' Cordelia asked and instantly you knew who this girl was and her story, having heard all about it from both Madison and also Zoe. You blinked a few times, not understanding how a dead girl could be just standing right there, as if she never died in the first place and as if her beautiful smile wasn't brutally taken from her. Then everything seemed to change however, when a very pretty blonde girl with curly hair, a few years older than you, entered through the door. 

Cordelia's hand reached for you, in a way that she has never done before. She was shaken and needed stability, for you to hold her so life wouldn't sweep her off her feet, unable to trust her eyes in that moment. Her eyebrows furrowed as soon as she saw the blonde walk in, lip trembling and voice cracking ''M- Misty'' she said ''How can this be?'' she asked, still holding onto you and at the same time searching Nan's and Misty's eyes as if this is some cosmic joke or a dream she isn't waking up from. ''You are back'' she cried, cupping the brunette girls cheek and pulling her and Misty into a hug, at the same time pulling away from you completely and the loss you felt in that moment was only the beginning of something much bigger. ''Oh Miss Cordelia I never thought I would escape my own personal hell'' Misty started explaining with her deep raspy voice and louisiana accent.