chapter 1

"Dylan." I whined, while he kissed my neck ferociously, while lifting my shirt. I tried to push him off me, but he took it the wrong way. His lips moved up my neck to my lips, leaving a trail of fire. Stupid hormones.

"Goddamnit, Dylan! Get off!" I I pushed with all my strenght.

He sat up, and looked hurt. "Sabe, I'm sorry."

"I don't want to do this right now." I said in a duh tone. He obviously didn't get the hint before.

"Yeah, yeah. Sorry." he got up and started walking to the door.

"Dylan! Where are you going?"  I said, positioning my elbows so I was leaning on them.

He turned around and mumbled, "Leaving. I have stuff to do."

"Your such an ass." I whispered so he couldn't hear me, but just my luck, he did.

He stormed over to me and pushed me down so I was laying flat on the couch.

"What was that, honey? I didn't quite hear you." he said angrily.

I looked past him, "Nothing. Please get off me." I tried sounding as calm as I could.

He pushed down hard off my stomach and walked out of my living room. I pulled my legs up to my stomach, and stared at the ceiling. He's done worse. I'm used to it. He just has slight anger issues.

My twin brother, Seth walked through the front door. Oh great; he's not supposed to be home.

"Sabel, why was that dickhead here again?" He pointed outside, towards Dylan's car driving away.

"Does it matter?" I asked, testing him.

"I already told you I don't want him here anymore. What if I'm not here, and he hurts you? What if Micah sees him hit you? Do you even think of these things?" Seth rambled on.

I put my hands to my eyes and ignored him.

"Sabel!" He yelled.

Yes, Sabel is my real name. Sabel is the color of my hair and my eyes; dark brown, almost black. Why my mother named me Sabel? I don't know. Same reason why Seth's name is Seth. He was named after my father, and I was named after his sable eyes. My mother always used to go on and on about how beautiful they were. I never got to meet my father, since he died before I was born. My mother never got over it, considering how in love with him she is. We still listen to her cry at night, and Seth and I used to try and comfort her until we were 15; but secretly I still do. She handles it by drinking all day and night. We've tried to make her stop, but it became a habit for her, since we were babies. Grandma used to have to come and take care of us, until she died when Seth and I were 11. Then, we were on our own. It's not I don't love my mother, but I can't stand her. Seth and I will be 18 in 6 months, then him, Micah, and I off to a small town somewhere warm.

Micah is my beautiful son. He's almost 3 years old. He has my hair, and his father's eyes and cute nose. Well, honestly, he almost looks exactly like his father. I had Micah when I was 15. I made the mistake to fall in love with his dad, Lucca, and made the mistake of having sex with him; trusting him. I thought he was the sweetest thing, being sixteen and able to drive, and always being nice and romantic. But I was sure dumb, because in the end,  he left me broken hearted. I shook my head at the thought of Lucca. I still love him. I don't regret going through all of that though, considering I have Micah. It's just hard taking care of him by myself, with Seth. Of course my mother didn't help; I don't even think she noticed I had a kid. I remember one day when she came home, and said "Who's this." reffering to Micah. Of course she was drunk. She always was, always is.