"This year's applicants are a disappointment. They lack élégance. Every last one of them." A strict looking old man walked into the school office building, with the rest of the faculty present greeting him.

"Good morning, Housemaster."

The Housemaster approached the window, taking a gander at the crowd below. "Even allowing this rabble to set foot into our sacred campus bothers me." He set his cane down on the floor with a firm thud.

"Tradition is born of élégance. Élégance transforms this profane world into paradise. Disqualify all of these boorish families."

"As you wish, sir!"

Before the Housemaster could step away from the window, the corner of his eye spotted something of interest. And as you might have probably guessed, it's the little family of three, walking with their heads held up high and proud.

He took a closer look with his binoculars, especially intrigued by the calculating glare of the supposed father's eyes. "Oh? It's quite faint, but I do detect a hint of élégance from this family."

The family neared the large statue in the center of the school, and upon closer inspection, he saw them raise a hand up to their chest in a saluting pose.

"What...?!"

They were saluting the statue of the founding headmaster!

I am Midnight. Being exactly who you want me to be is just child's play. I'll honor your tradition. Just watch. Amane thought, looking back at all the research he had done over the entire school itself.

I have no idea who this man is... But as long as I follow Amane's lead, it should all work out! Nene didn't really know much about Eden Academy as a whole, letting the identity of the person's statue over her head.

And there was Haruto, who could only stare at the statue's head. Bald teapot.

"ÉLÉGANT! QUELLE ÉLÉGANCE!!" The Housemaster suddenly shouted out, looking back at the faculty behind him. "Who is that family?!"

"K-212. The Yugi family, sir." A man informed him, flipping a page on his clipboard and handing the Housemaster a piece of paper.

"Their son, Haruto, barely passed the written exam with a score of 31." The Housemaster's jaw dropped at the pathetic score and almost ineligible handwriting on the test paper.

"The father's remarried?"

"Do you suppose he remarried just to get into this school?"

"Hard to say. We'll need to keep an eye on him." Clearing his throat, the Housemaster looked back outside the window, now keeping his watchful gaze down on the family he has set his eyes on.

"Do these people posses élégance? Or are they yet more rabble?"

--

"Please present your admission tickets here!"

They're filtering us out already? Amane noticed the separating line of families, one still moving forward, and one with families already turning back to leave.

"K-212, right? Please proceed to Hall One."

"They're still watching. Don't let your guard down." He quietly relayed back to the other two with him.

Nene quivered a little. "Ah... Knowing that I'm being watched is making me nervous."

"Papa, my nose's itchy. I wanna pick it."

"Don't do that."

From afar, they heard a noise of distress coming from a young boy. He was wearing the school uniform, and seemed to be stuck in the gutter.