Chapter 2: Not Like Rhode Island

One of the dead are in the woods on their hands and knees, eating something on the ground. It seems to be a raccoon.

A Siberian Husky with a service dog vest walks around a few bushes until it stops, seeing the dead. It barks at it.

The dead one looks behind it and sees the dog. It barks again. It stands up and starts limping towards it. It snarls at the dog. The dog growls at it.

Suddenly, the dead gets stabbed in the back of the head. It drops to its knees, revealing a black teenage boy. He has a cut on his right arm, not enough to require attention, just a few drops of blood. He has a backpack on, and there's a name tag that says "LEVI" written in sharpie. He has a few dead rabbits and squirrels tied to a small rope that's wrapped around his shoulder.

The dead one falls down as he pulls his knife out of its skull. He looks at the corpse in disgust. He looks at the dog and smiles. The dog pants.

He gets on one knee, and the dog walks up to him.

Levi: Nice find.

The dog barks.

He looks back at the raccoon the dead was eating.

Levi: Hope that wasn't what you were tracking, Diablo. Damn empties know how to hunt better than us sometimes.

Diablo whines.

Levi chuckles.

Levi: It's okay. I got enough rodents for a few days.

He stands up.

Levi: It's been a few hours. I say we head back.

Diablo barks.

They start walking off.

Once far enough away, a pair of boots walk near the dead raccoon and corpse. A person kneels down and sees the corpse still bleeding.

They see fresh blood on the ground. They take out a syringe and they suck the blood in. They take a jar off their belt and they eject the blood inside the jar. They put the jar and the syringe away.

They stand up and start following the tracks. A few other pairs of boots follow behind.

[Base]

Levi and Diablo walk out of the woods, revealing an old town, with only a few corpses roaming around. They walk down a hill.

Shortly after, they're walking through the town, hoping to not get spotted by the empties. They turn a corner into an alleyway.

They walk up to a wall with a thin piece of string leading up to the roof. Levi pulls the string, and glass bottles can be heard touching each other from the roof.

Shortly after, a Hispanic kid, maybe ten-years-old, walks over to the ledge and looks down at them. Levi waves.

Kid: What's the password?

Levi: Are you serious? Mateo, you know I never remember.

Mateo: Well, then, you better think.

Levi: Come on. Think we can let it pass this one time?

Mateo: Nope.

Levi: Ugh...

Mateo: Think.

Levi puts his hand on his head.

Levi: Is it...orange...cat?

Mateo: Nope. You were right about orange though.

Levi: Dude, come on.