Chapter Thirty Nine

Start from the beginning

**FIVE HOURS LATER**

"Wake up, doll."

Chris lightly shook me, kissing my forehead. Trying to make me open my eyes.

I finally did, and he was crouched down in front of my face as I slept on the small sofa.

"When did you get up?" I mumbled.

"Not too long ago. Now open those beautiful eyes of yours because we've arrived."

I slowly sat up and rubbed my eyes.

"Where are we exactly?"

"Can't say." Chris walked up to me with a blindfold in his hands. "Put this on."

"You should've just told me to keep my eyes closed, Christopher."

I sighed and tied the blindfold around my eyes. I could hear Chris shuffling and moving around, rolling our suitcases out and wrapping me in a blanket before picking me up bridal style.

"Please tell me you aren't proposing again." I giggled. "The last time I was blindfolded you proposed."

He didn't answer and carried me out of the plane where I was met with a frigid wind.

Chris helped me onto the car, and he sat next to me, where I assumed was the backseat. And cuddled me close. Wherever we were it was very cold due to the winter weather. The seats of the car were freezing. But I didn't put two and two into my head yet, I just thought it was the air conditioning.

"Chris can you tell the chauffeur to put the AC down?" I said

"Chris can you tell the chauffeur to put the AC down?" I said. "I'm cold."

"Here." He put what felt like a heavy coat around me. "Better?"

"Better." I laid my head on his shoulder, as I felt the car move.

Maybe 20 minutes went by when we finally came to a stop. Then I could hear Chris open the door, then he carried me bridal style again up—what felt like stairs.

We were definitely in a different environment because it was cold as shit.

"Okay stand right there..." Chris put me down.

"I'm standing."

"...Now on my cue take the blindfold off."

I nodded and a couple seconds went by when Chris finally gave me the heads up. I untied the blindfold, and slowly opened my eyes to see Chris recording on his phone. I was still very confused.

As I looked around, the snow covered mountains, the icy roads, and the winter feel—told me exactly where I was. A place I'd only seen in pictures.

"Chris?! Oh my god! Oh my god?! Are we in Iceland right now?!"

He smiled at me and nodded. I squealed in happiness as I made my way over to him and jumped in his arms, hugging him tightly. He stopped recording in order to hug me properly.