Agreement

Hardin Castillo

The sound of my pulse racing beat in my ear, blocking all other sounds as I drove aimlessly around the busy street.
    I was feeling so perplexed , confused and scared at the same time
Anne! pregnant for me! but how is that possible... I mean i blatantly ended all things with her in the prison and that was about  6( six) months ago....
how the hell does she even want me to believe her?
     I sighed in frustration, mopping away the cold sweat on my forehead with my palm .....
  But what can I do? I can't let the bitch come in between Hazel and I, I can't lose my Haz this way!
    I need to confide in someone! I really need to share my burden with someone!
  I fished out my phone from my pocket and unlocked it to see 7 missed calls all from Hazel.
       She must be really worried!
      I ignored all of her calls and dialled my dad number and he picked it up on the second ring
     "hi dad!"I greeted first
       "hi son!" he responded , shouting as the background was so noisy
"Where the f**k are you? "I asked and he chuckled
"Are you worried about me? Don't be, I will soon be home"
"No , this is not about me being worried , I need to talk to you". I stepped on the brake and the car skidded to a halt .
I guess he sensed it because he asked
"You are not home right?"
"Yes". I answered truthfully
"Shit! where are you Hardin! Don't you know it is risky driving alone at this late hour? Is anything wrong? Are you alright?" he asked in rush and I exhaled deeply.
"Just tell me where you are , I will join you there"
There was a pause and then he sighed
"Meet me at The Petra club"
"Alright ". I said and ended the phone call.
  Starting the car, I made a reverse and drove speeding to the club.

  Finally! after a long drive , I got to the green building pumping with dance music and flashing disco lights and parked out in front.
  I alighted and walked in to see "hundreds of people" dancing , drinking, spilling beer and partying away .
Crazy!!!!
I let my eyes wander around for my dad and saw her seated at a far- corner of the bar , drinking .
I sauntered up to him and collapsed on the seat beside me.
"Welcome son!"he flashed me a smile.
"Thanks!" I grunted ,
    "So what is up ! Don't tell me you came all the way here just to have a drink". he teased and I scoffed .
"I am in no mood for Jokes, I am in a deep shit right now and I need your help"
he stared at me for a while and then smiled mischievously
"Is this about Hazel?"
"It isn't Hazel , it is Anne" I corrected
He shot me a confused look. "Who is Anne?"
" A girl I dated in the prison" I replied and he nodded , urging me to continue.
"Actually .. .She is here ..in south Tacoma and .....claims to be carrying my child". I stuttered
   "What". he retorted and let the glass he was holding drop to the floor . "Pregnant!another girl! oh no Hardin! what have you done?"
I swallowed hard , not knowing what to say .
"Damn!" he banged his fist on the counter and I buried my face in my hands in guilt .
"Is your mum or Hazel aware of this?"
I shook my head. "I just found out today"
"You just found out? " he repeated . "Were you in touch with her all this while?"
"No! I found out through  my " personal maid
"Nina" He stared at me in disbelief
"Yes". I nodded . "Anne is Nina elder sister". I grasp the bottle of wine on the table , attempting to gulp it down, but he was quick to stop me .
" drinking won't solve anything"
"but at least it will make me feel differently". I drawled
"No it won't". he sighed. "The only way you can feel different is by telling the truth to the woman you love "!
"Hazel". I shot him a surprise look. "do you even know what you saying?"
He continued. "You also need to come to an agreement with this Anne of a girl"
"Agreement! what the f**k are you saying?" I yelled at him
" Simple!I am saying you should take responsibility for your actions". he stated and that was it , I flared up
"Responsibility ! And why should I do that? do I look like I am desperate for babies? for all I know , that baby doesn't belong to me"...
  "Then you need prove it". he yelled back.
  "And how will I do that?"
"With a DNA test". he replied. "if the baby turns out to be your then you will have to take responsibility , but if not then .....
"I will sue Anne for paternity fraud". I completed
  "Now you are catching up". he smiled lightly and glanced at his wristwatch. "It is time to go son". he stood up.
  "Sure ". I followed suite and we both walked out of the club to my car.
  I opened the door and I got into the driver seat and my dad did the same at his own end, singing an old Popular folk song.
   I listened to him sing and my mood lighten as the song titled "strength " brought my spirits up.
  "Thanks dad". I muttered and he gave me a knowing smile.

                              Hazel Dakota

Restlessly, I kept on turning and tossing on the bed
Hardin was yet to be home and I was seriously worried .
  why is he not picking my call? why did he react like that? was I wrong to tell him about Anne? who the hell Is she?
I  was confused and pained at the same time ,seeing the way he walked out on me without giving me an explanation.
  Hot tears welled up in my eyes and I let it roll without making a move to wipe , I felt so numb.
     Glancing at the wall clock , it was 12:30 am.
    I signed in frustration
  Oh God! what is happening? why is Hardin not yet home? Did something bad happen to him?no it can't be ....
    The door suddenly creaked opened and his mother walked in.
   Why is she here by this time? I tried to sit up,but fell back to the bed weakly
   "Oh Hazel!"  She exclaimed and rushed to me
  "Hardin!" I muttered and she sat beside me.
    "he is fine!" she brushed the hair off my face and I looked away.  
     This is not the answer I wanted to hear!
    " he asked me to come check on you". She quickly added and I shifted my gaze back to her
  "Where is he? Is he coming back tonight?"
  "Yes baby". She answered
  baby! did she just call me baby?....well! It is not a big deal , I am with her grandchild after all......
    "Are you hungry? should I get you anything?" She asked , staring down at me
"No ma". I shook her head and that was the exact moment a car drove into the compound
   Hardiin! my subconsciousness screamed , but I maintained a straight face.
   "That must be Hardin and his father ". his mum said aloud and stood up to look out of the window.
   Hardin and his father!does that mean he was with his dad all along?
  "It is them". she leaning over to caress my face . "Good night Hazel".  she bade and walked out of the room.
      Quickly , I got off the bed and made  for the door ; opening it , I came face to face with Hardin.
"Hardin". I called and jumped Into his arms
   he chuckled nervously and pulled out of the hug
   Weird! the  Hardin i know would have wrapped his hands tightly around me
  "Are you alright?" I searched his gaze
   "Yes". he looked away. "why ain't you sleeping?" he changed the subject and I rolled my eyes.
  "Are you really asking me that?
"Oh!"he exclaimed softly and walked past me to bed.
  I leaned against the door , watching him as he
Pulled off his clothes; then he went into the bathroom without sparing me a glance..
He was clearly nervous about something , but what could that be?
Confused, I ambled to the bed and reached for his phone . I unlocked it and found out it has a lock code.
Arrrrgh!this is the height of it , I can't take it any longer.
"What are doing with my phone?" he asked, coming out from the bathroom and I turned sideways to look at him
He was wearing only his briefs , and his body dripping with water was a sight to behold .
No Hazel! he is a "traitor", stop drooling over him, blast him!!!
"And Why did you put a lock code on the phone?" I fired him.
"That is because it is my phone", he fired back at me and in anger , I hurl the phone at him
"That is your phone, go eat it "
Immediately, he became sober and rushed to hold me .
"Baby! I am really sorry". he begged . "I am just going through some deep shit " .
      I shook my head , flaring up
"you are just a spoilt brat who covers all of his emotions with anger , you are just a selfish jerk who loves hurting me ". I yelled,trying to struggle out of his hold , but couldn't, he held me firmly.
"Is that what you think Haz?" he made me face him and that was when I saw the tears in his eyes
"Hardin!" I called softly .
"No, keep on yelling. Do you think it is easy for me? I am not happy Haz , I am in pain , my past is haunting me and I am getting drowned in it". he yelled back at me and I rested my head on his chest , listening to the sound of his heart beating .
It was beating faster that usual
"Is it about Anne?" I pulled out of the hug to stare at his face  and he nodded slowly , his green eyes boring into mine.
"Go on!" I urged him to continue and he exhaled deeply, running his hands through his hair
"Erm she is Nina's elder sister and erm also my ex girlfriend ". he started and I slowly took my breathe in
"Actually Anne is also pregnant and she claims the child belongs to me".he dropped the bombshell and my heart stopped beating .
Anne!Ex-girlfriend! Pregnant! what did he just say? another woman is with his child? have he been cheating on me with her all this while?
"please say something" . he begged
  Opening my mouth, I tried to say something but what came out was a loud scream
"Don't do this, you are pregnant remember?" he reminded, holding me still and I laughed bitterly
"Pregnant, we are both pregnant"I retorted, and clutched to his clothes tightly as he led me to the bed.
I was mad at him , still i wanted him to be by my side
"Haz". He sat on the bed and made me sit on his laps.
"I love you and the baby growing inside you so much"
I stared at him, muffled up against my tears
The Hardin in front of me sounded so real, it was like he was pleading with me not to leave him.
"why then did you cheat on me?"I asked calmly
"I didn't cheat on you, I have never done that and will never do that". he assured and I smiled inwardly
"Anne is my past and it will forever remain that way".he added
I let out a deep breathe and wrapped my hands around him.
" I love you Haz!" he repeated and I smiled lightly .

Hardin Castillo

The first ray of the sun poured into the bed room window and i squint at it , forcing my eye lid open
I turned sideways and saw Hazel sleeping peacefully beside me . I smiled and leaning in to kiss her .
She understood my pain, She accepted me without Judging me.
I sat up in the bed and reached for my phone, unlocking it with the password "Hazel".
I scrolled through it and searched for updates on Beacon high but found none .
I sighed, I guess there is no school today.
Lazily , I crawled out of the bed ,about to go the bathroom when the door creaked open and my dad walked in.
"Good morning dad!" I greeted first
"Morning son!"he responded . "how did it go?" he looked at sleeping Hazel and then back at me.
"Fine". I replied , smiling lightly.
"Good! then get ready , we are going over to Anne's
"Isn't it too early".I queried
" it is either now or never". he scoffed. "meet me downstairs"
With that , he sauntered out of the room.
" it is either now or never, meet me downstairs". I mimicked him and walked into the bathroom to freshen up.
  when done , I returned to the room and went over to the wardrobe .
I opened it and pulled out a brown hoodie with its slacks and hurriedly up It;then I combed my hair , picked up my phone and walked out of the room , climbing down the stairs into the sitting room and met my dad .
"I am ready". I announced and he slowly shifted his gaze to me
"You sure about that?"
"Yes". I replied and we both headed for the garage.

We got to the garage and I noticed my ranger over was missing so I asked my dad about it
"Oh that! your mum made use of it this morning"
"This morning!" I repeated . "you saying mum is not home?"
"Yes". he nodded slowly. "she went out with "your maid " to get some stuff for Hazel . you know how she is excited about the whole baby issue "
I scoffed. "you haven't told her about
     "I will do that today ". he simply answered and got into his car.
I followed suit , sitting down beside him. I told him the direction and he drove out of the compound, down the road to Terra block.

The tension in me increased when my dad parked out in front of Anne moderate home and I quickly shook it out of my shoulders .
I ain't doing anything bad". I assured myself
Alighting from the car, we both walked up to the front porch ; I knocked and the door was opened by Miss Benson.
"Hardin!" She called out in surprise.
"Good morning ma". I greeted politely. "Is Anne in ?"
  She nodded , opening the door wider and my dad and I walked in to see Anne laying on the sofa.
   "Jayden".she dragged her self up and rushed to hug me , but I duck pushing her away from me.
"Why?" Her face flushed with embarrassment
I scoffed. "Cut off the crap, I came her to see you .......::
"because you accepted our child". She butted in , her gaze fixed on my dad.
"You must be Hardin's father right?" She asked , touching her belle but my dad ignored her , nudging at me to go on
An awkward silence follows and then I cleared my throat , forcing a smile
" you see Anne there is no such thing as "our child" for now
She shot me a curious look
"We will have to wait till the baby is born to prove the claims, if the baby is mine I will take full responsibility but if not , I will make sure you regret ever knowing me". I threatened.
"And why would i lie to you?" She retorted. "I love you Jayden and you know it".
"Love". I scoffed . "Snap out of it Anne because you will only hurt yourself"
"No Jay! you love me and I know it". She half yelled and that was it , i have heard enough of the bullshit.
"Let's go Dad". I said ,leading the way as we walked out of the house .
" I love you Jayden". She called after me and my dad scoffed.
"Why didn't you tell me she was delusional?"
"That is because I just found out today", I answered truthfully and we both laughed, but mine was a laughter full of regret .
   I really hope she does nothing foolish..

TBC

,