My Hectic Week | The Goblet of Fire

Start from the beginning

“Everyone! Silence please!” The Headmaster said. In an instant, the whole Hall quieted down. “Thank you. Now, we have about two hundred new people here joining us from different parts. So please, give then any assistance and please use your manners. Now, please, Mr. Malfoy and Mr. Clawford, come in with the Goblet of Fire.

Mr. Malfoy… Scorpio’s dad? Wait, why am I so surprised. He’s a Malfoy and they tend to run in the Ministry. I looked at the Door and Draco Malfoy and Gilbert Clawford came in with a chest box floating behind them.  When they reached the top of the Hall, both of them took out their wands and swished it to the chest.

The chest opened up and magic took its place. The chest transformed into a large cup… The Goblet of Fire.  Mr. Malfoy swished his wand to the top of the cup and a mighty blue flame burst out. I gasped in awe.

Mr. Malfoy spoke, “In my years in Hogwarts, only those who were of age could’ve put their names on this Cup, but this year, we’re going to do something a bit different. For those of you with permission with your parents and are sixteen years of age, may put their name on the cup. Now, last time, a boy named Cedric Diggory died last time… which is why this Tournament was never spoken of again. But we’ve thought and thought of ways we could make it safer and more extended to more. So six names will be drawn from this cup. Only six. Two from each school. Now, the first two that are drawn will be one group. You will work with your partner as you are one person. You must think together, be together and live as one.”

Mr. Clawford took the floor. “Also, in addition to that, we will also be having a Quidditch Tournament as well. The winner of the Quidditch Tournament get’s to see the Holly Harpies at Box Seats for free.” Wow… that’s amazing. I love that team! We have to win this!

Headmaster Manerthil spoke, “How the school is going to work is also different. I know that Durmstrang’s fifth years are learning seventh year material of Dark Arts, but you will all have classes with your designated year. Same goes to Beauxbatons. Now, we built a building just for your lodging. It is behind this castle. This is restricted to all Hogwarts students unless permission from their Headmaster’s and Mistresses. For the Cup, it will be here for a whole month with an age line. No one can pass the age line unless you have a permission form or unless you are of age, of course. But we’ll think of that tomorrow. Now, off to bed, pip-pip!”

The Great Hall applauded and stood up. I hugged KEng goodnight and caught up to Gretchen, who looked worried and stressed out.

“Are you okay?” I asked her.

“Yeah, I’m just worried for my father,” She answered.

“Why?”

“Last time they did this Tournament, the guy that had my father’s job at the time died! So I’m just so scared! I don’t even want to be here right now!” She said, almost at the verge of tears. I hugged her and she finally calmed down. We got out of the Great Hall and went into the new building that they built for us. It was pretty nice. It looked almost like the common rooms in Durmstrang.

“Goodnight, girls. I’ll see you tomorrow. And tomorrow’s Sunday so… we have a free day,” Bradley said.

“Awesome! Goodnight!” I replied. Gretchen smiled at him and we parted ways. We went all the way up to the third floor and got a room for two. Gretchen, being the one who takes a bath in the morning, got into her pajamas and plopped into her bed. I chuckled and reached my bags for parchment.

Dear Sylvia,

Things are going spectacular for the first day. Our practices really paid off! It looked even more amazing when we showed the whole school and you know that was awesome! Bradley’s doing fine, if you were going to ask. Gretchen’s just worried about her dad. And me… Remember when I told you about Scorpius Malfoy… well, his father is working for the Triwizard Tournament. And I just saw him. I think he changed, I’m not sure. My goal is to not care about him. But I’m not sure how long that’s going to last. I really do miss you. I hope you find a way to come to Hogwarts.