【Chapter 13】

Comincia dall'inizio

Nothing but silence filled the air as we walked down the spiral staircase and into the white-painted foyer. Glancing behind me I saw Nanny Hanan wave away the other maids and look towards me as I saw a full view of her worried face. 

"Come here." Nanny Hanan cooed, opening her arms wide for me. I felt my throat clench as it became a bit hot. Hearing a sob come from my mouth I quickly ran towards my Nanny as her arms wrapped around my body tightly. 

"There, there, everything is going to be okay..." Nanny Hanan whispered in my ear and kissed my head as she began to smooth out my hair. I began to cry even more as more tears streamed down my cheeks, I could not see anymore, and it was getting a bit harder to breathe. 

"Is everything really going to be okay, Nanny Hanan? I lost the one person that ever loved me so much, and replaced him with someone who I just consider a toy. I don't think everything is going to be just okay anymore." I sobbed out as I felt her grasp become tighter. 

"Everything will be okay, you'll see. As long as you know how to love, everything is going to be okay." Nanny Hanan softly told me. Lifting my head towards her I quickly buried my face on her collar bone as I began to cry more, and she began to soothe me more, too. 

"My darling, you are you. You may be a (L/n) by blood, but who you are completely depends on you." Nanny Hanan stated as she lifted my head higher and kissed my nose. 

"Thank you." I whispered to her as I finally began to calm down. 

[̲̅-][̲̅-][̲̅-][̲̅-]

"You have such a wonderful child, Mrs. (L/n)." My teacher told my mother. My mother nodded her head and grinned. "I know! (Y/n) never disappoints, don't you?" My mother asked me while fanning herself with her peacock feathered fan. 

I nodded, "Something so low as a disappointment? I can not." I stated, my eyes cold. My teacher nodded his head awkwardly as he bid his goodbye and left. 

"He's such a pest, isn't he?" My mother asked me, disgust evident in her tone. "Yes, mother." I confirmed, my posture is still straight. "Commoners like him don't deserve a moment of our time, you got that? Only if we need them, of course. Though, once we don't we get rid of them." My mother scoffed as she beckoned me towards her. 

"We are too high up for them to ever reach us, far, far too high." My mother whispered. Walking towards her my mother began to caress my chin as she smiled. "I and you are too high up for them, aren't we, my little flower?" My mother cooed as she gently pushed me onto her lap.

I nodded my head as I looked forward and saw a little butterfly land on a fully grown sunflower, only for it to be killed by my mother's maid. 

"People lower than us wish to get a taste of our lives, of our fortune, so they try, but our family will not tolerate useless people like them, and so, we get rid of them. Don't we, my flower?" My mother asked me as both she and I stared at the dead butterfly that the maid was going to light up in a fire. 

"Yes, mother." I agreed with her, that was the only thing I could do. My mother smiled and patted my head some more before getting up and walking out of the garden and into the mansion hallways. Though, before she could enter the hallway she turned towards me and glared. 

"Never forget that you're a (L/n), and as a (L/n), you must never fail us. Become the perfect (L/n), my flower." My mother stated and turned away and walked back inside the mansion walls.