ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴏɴᴇ: ʜᴇʀ ɢᴜɪᴅᴀɴᴄᴇ

Start from the beginning

Ever since he was little, the fox was already his own acquaintance. It was there in all of his vivid dreams, sometimes even right in the real life. In his mind, he thought it was merely a hallucination, due to it being very transparent. But it really did exist in small moments whenever he was about to make a major mistake. Albeit not knowing that, he always seen it as his guide. Something that led him to the right way, straying him from any harm of having to do nefarious things.

Suddenly, after minutes of just basking in the comfort of the creature. It unexpectedly backed away from him in a lurch, situating just a foot away.

“Is something wrong?” He asked worriedly, eyebrows drawn together. His mouth then gaped slightly as it ignited in flames, blazing in the hue of a dazzling blue.

After it settled down, the fox now stood up. The boy watched its now faint transparency, a form being flowed in the wind as it looked like a fog.

“Danger alurks.” It informed with a clear voice, him jumping in full surprise. Femininity was evident when it spoke, a vanilla tone lacing it entirely.

“Y–you can speak!” He exclaimed. But then his lips curved into a frown when it processed her words. “What is it that you mean?”

It rose from its seat, nearing his still confused figure. “You must wake up now, time shan't be risked.”

“Why am I in danger?” Words had trailed off, suddenly overwhelmed at the idea of the creature being able to talk. “I have so much questions to ask.”

The fox merely blinked at him, the scenery around them slowly washing away. It nudged his hands, a sharp look on her eye saying he shouldn't question it. When he felt something near his real body, he sputtered out a statement to at least satisfy his curiosity. “I don't even know your name yet.”

Something along a smirk curved at the corner of its mouth. “Soon, you shall.”

Just like that, the boy woke up with a gasp, feeling a hand covering his mouth. But when he saw the familiar face of a man, he relaxed slightly, thinking they were just going to have another session of his education. He tapped away the man's hands, wanting to slumber once again in hopes of continuing his dream. “Five more minutes.”

“You will not be watching the stars tonight, my prince,” His words were filled with alarm, urgency in his tone. “Come, we must hurry.”

That statement struck a memory in his head, recalling the words of the fox saying he was in danger. He stood from his laid position, trailing after his acquaintance.

“Professor, what's going on?” The prince distressed.

“Your aunt has given birth,” They stopped in front of a large wardrobe, hearts beating rapidly. “To a son.”

Caspian's eyes widened in realization, not noticing the professor already going inside. He was snapped in his reverie when the man silently exclaimed, “Come!”

Before he stepped into the hiding spot, he rushed quickly to his bedside, not wanting to ever leave an item behind. Once it was in his hand, he immediately leapt inside the wardrobe. Then closed it, opening it slightly ajar to peek at the coming scene.

The door spat out an array of soldiers, all armed with crossbows in hand. Its point was focused solely on the canopy bed of the prince. Caspian held a ring delicately slung on a string of a necklace, tightly grasping it like it was so precious to him.

On a small counting, the general of the people suddenly signalled to go, prompting all of them to shoot their arrows. It destroyed the curtains of the bed, them widening their eyes as they saw no person in there.