With half filled glass in his hands he turned to witness stacy climbing down the stairs, throwing a suspicious look over him.

she halted her steps before jas's door, " what are you doing here, deigo? " her brows knitted as she scrunched her nose sensing a unusual odour. 

Deigo loudly gulped the water he's been sipping seeing her pause. since he is well aware of the fact that she's a beta ,that she cannot identify his pheromones, he let out a relieved sigh. He replied her distracting from sniffing more. Raising his glass a bit higher in air " just water, why you're here? " he raised an brow while sipping his glass.

she rolled her eyes in annoyance, " to play " she replied in a duh tone.

He chuckled placing his glass down the counter, " have fun stacy, don't stay over night okay? ". With that he turned his heels and made his way to his room over the stairs.

Hearing his sister's voice on the other side of the door, Jas struggled to muffle his sobs as much as he could to stop her from hearing him. He didn't want anyone to know how weak he is. He thought he've grown bold after leaving this house to live on his own. He thought he could stand for him and prevent diego from approaching him. But all his walls were crushed into powders after this incident. He lost his only hope.

He have no idea how to set himself free from deigo's clutch. He have no other way than to blindly believe some miracle to happen. someone to come and rescue him from this living nightmare, who won't blindly believe he's a slut, who won't think him weak, who won't hesitate to stand by his side no matter what.

He just wanted to be loved. Truely loved for who he is. He just wanted to be valued. He wanted someone to see him, admire him as he's the most precious thing in this world. To care him as he's their own skin and blood. He hugged his knees and buried his face in his palms and sobbed harder.

*********

" hey sweetie ", Edward who was patiently waited for max in front of his apartment, waved at him when noticed him.

" All packed? " 

" I didn't pack that much " max swivel his bag in front Edd's face with excitement . It's his first time visiting Edd's apartment and staying weekend over. At that thought itself made him to fly on cloud nine.

In the morning warm sunlight ,he looks so cute with his adorable child-like face that tempts Edward to squeeze his cheek hard. Max whined a bit and pouted his lips but didn't complain, he just giggled in response. That made Edd even more riled up. ' why's he this cute ' he internally groaned.

The car ride was silent and max was getting awkward because Edd didn't spare a glance at him. He was worried not seeing edd for rest of the days. he adjusts his throat to gain edd's attention, " can we see each other during your project time? " he asked while staring down at  his fidgeting finger placed on his lap.

" oh, I don't know. If I'm busy I think we can't " edd replied facing the road.

" oh "Edd was always talkative, seeing him in silence was something new for him.

" how about weekends?" max's excitement was unhide-able, desperate to try every possibility to meet him.

A small smile formed on edd's lips," why, will you miss me that much? " Edd glance at him for a second before trailing his eye back to the road.

silence lingered between them.

Max slouched against the seat, resting his head back and letting out a sigh.

Edd chuckled softly and took a hold of max's hand and laced his fingers with his. Edd brought the front of his hands to place a lingering kiss. He smiled sweetly at max before focusing back to the road. Placing their  intertwined hands in his lap, he rubbed soothingly over max's knuckles.