Chapter 1.

Chapter 1.

**1 month earlier**

It is always hard moving schools. You know the deal, leaving your home town where you have grown up your whole life in, leaving behind what you thought were life long friends, only now you will never see them again. It is tough. Not to mention your first day of the new school. You are the outsider, the new kid. You will either be embraced by the student body or rejected. It is quite terrifying really.

Only I'm not moving a few towns over. I'm moving to Sydney Australia, from London England.

We walked out the airport after out plane landed and by we I mean my two parents and my older brother Jack. The first thing that happened was that I was blinded by the bright summer sun. I was blinded so badly I actually had to take a step back into the shade. Both my parents, who mind you were wearing newly bought sunglasses, laughed at me and hailed a taxi.

I ground my teeth together and climbed in. All our furniture was in our new house which was in the town of Avalon. A short train ride from the city. I was going to the local public school. Lucky or unlucky, depending how you look at it, I'll only be there 2 years before I graduate. My brother, Jack, who's 18 months older than me is only there for one.

The taxi arrived at our two-story house and the nice driver helped unload our suitcases. Mum fumbled around in her purse for the new key. A few seconds later she found it and unlocked the door.

"Holy shit" said Jack.

"Language!" Scolded Mum.

I laughed and took off upstairs to find my bedroom. Upstairs was open with a large area which I assume will be another tv room. There were three rooms coming off the open space, I pulled open the closest door and saw my brothers bed sitting near the window. I shut the door and opened the next one. It was a bathroom. I had to share a bathroom with my disgusting 18 year old brother. Yuck.

I opened the last door and soon found it was actually the nicest room of the whole house. I had my own small balcony. I smiled when I saw the room was painted white and pink just how I've always wanted my room painted. Three of the four walls were white and I had a big baby pink feature wall where my double bed was sitting.

I opened the door leading to my balcony and walked outside. Again I was hit by the bright light, squinting my eyes I tried seeing what my neighborhood looked like it it was useless while the sun was so bright and I didn't own a pair of sunglasses yet.

Before I went back inside something caught my eye. Movement from the house across the road. I looked down to the road and saw 4 boys kicking a football. I squinted again trying to get a better look, all I could make out was the color of their hair, 3 blondes and a brunette. One of the blonde boys caught the ball and tapped another of the boys shoulder, he pointed to me and soon they were all looking at me. They waved friendly and I waved back returning indoors.

At lease there's kids my own age around, I wonder if they go to my school?

**now**

I didn't see those boys for the rest of the summer. They must of gone away or something. It was a shame I waited for them to emerge again but it never happened. I still had no friends.

Today was my first day of school. I got out of bed and had a quick shower washing my hair. I pulled the light blue polo shirt and the black pants out of my draws. I got changed and headed downstairs for breakfast. It was everyone's first days. Jack and I's first day of school. Mum's first day at her new job and Dad's first day at his new office.

I helped myself to a bowl of fruit salad and ate it quickly. I ran back upstairs not wanting to miss the bus. I blow-dried my hair leaving it naturally wavy. I applied a thin layer of eyeliner, coated my eyelashes in mascara and added some strawberry lip balm. I grabbed my brown bag and ran back downstairs. Grabbing my lunch I said good bye to my parents and ran outside to wait for the bus.