Chapter 35: More Than a Woman

Start from the beginning

She then tried to push past me and James nearly tripping over her own feet. "Hey, hey. Don't worry no harm done, love. But be a little more careful you could really get hurt if you always keep your gaze on the ground," I said, winking at her. She smiled at me, apologising again, then made a jump and started running. I had to chuckle loudly, grinning after the beautiful Hufflepuff girl.

I looked after her until she was gone. How could she look so beautiful even while running like a berserk? 
She really was too kind for this world as the guy Ian told her that day.
Maybe she was too kind for me? She deserved someone better. Someone who is like her. Someone from Hufflepuff. Someone who was as pure as she was.

"Yeah, at least now I am definitely not believing you anymore that you don't have a crush on her," James laughed out while putting a hand on my shoulder and squeezing it tightly to which I yelped.

"It is finally time to confess, mate. You should have seen your dreamy heart eyes and maybe your dog side came out a bit because you are definitely drooling right now. Here look!" James kept on laughing, pointing to my face and I just shoved his arm away.

That idiot. But maybe I should really stop denying my feelings for her and tell my friends?

She was amazing and I really wanted her, maybe my mates could even help me.

Great, I'm becoming like Prongs now.

I now felt a little bit bad for always making fun of him and acting the exact same way as him now. How the tables turn, or something like that. I had to laugh to myself while we made our way through the castle. Prongs went on talking about Evans and that he wants to move in with her after Hogwarts.

-later that day -

It was already later in the evening when I lay down on the couch across the fireplace

It was already later in the evening when I lay down on the couch across the fireplace. Moony sat in his usual seat next to the fireplace. Marlene sat on the floor on the other end of the couch where my feet were and talked to Remus. I looked at the ceiling thinking about the encounter and about not being good enough for her. I really wasn't.

Suddenly a pillow hit my head and I looked into the direction where it came from. "Day-dreaming about little Ms Hufflepuff, are we?" Prongs grinned, winking at me before sitting down in the armchair opposite to where Remus sat who now also looked up and gave me an amused look.

"Honestly, you need to stop denying it. No one believes you anymore anyways," Marlene said laughing. "Who would have thought that the Sirius Black would ever fall in love?"

"Sirius in love? With who? What have I missed?" Lily said, entering the common room and sitting down on Prongs' lap who smiled brightly. "Shut up guys!" I argued while blushing fiercely. Great, why did I always have to blush recently?

"You even keep saying her name in your sleep!" Remus said while holding back a laughter.

I DO WHAT?

I gave him a surprised look and Marlene gave me a questioning look before laughing out loudly. "Yes, sometimes moaning her name even," Remus laughed. Idiot!

"Come on. Since the start of the year you ignore every single girl that approaches you. You haven't even made out with anyone in months. That is very untypical for you," Markene said, pointing a finger towards me and I lightly pushed her shoulder with my foot.

"Yes, okay I might fancy her a bit. Is that what you want to hear?" The second I had finished my confession the others started cheering.

"Finally, and now you are the fool who I can make fun of. Oh, poor you, this woman has so much control over you. You will make a fool of yourself and blablabla," James said in between laughs and the others joined in, I just shook my head.
Dorcas had by then also joined us and laughed loudly along with us.
"Honestly, Sirius we all have noticed by now, you thought no one would but you were just too obvious! Constantly staring at their table during meals." I let out a slight chuckle.
"And what should I do now? I can't just walk up to her and ask her on a date! And moreover, I am anyways not good enough for her. She is so sweet, kind and pure! And exceptionally beautiful," I said.
"Yeah, she is really gorgeous," Marlene said absently, which earned her a stern look from Dorcas who knitted her brows, but then looked away quickly.

What was that?

"Don't say that, Pads. You can be nice - sometimes. No joking, you have your heart in the right place and I saw her looking over at you also quite some times throughout the past months, so I think there is a high chance of her liking you back," Moony said, giving me a sincere smile. I smiled back at him still not knowing how I should approach her tough.

As if Marlene could read my mind she suddenly said, "I would not try the 'Potter-method' because you obviously don't have six years to win her heart!" Lily chuckled a bit and James just gave her a fake-annoyed look, showed her vulgar gesture and rolled his eyes. "But it is difficult. You are not in the same house as her and have no classes together since she is a year below us. ...... Hm? Maybe she needs tutoring?"

"Tutoring in what? Making out? Sirius might be extremely intelligent, but he is terrible at explaining things!" Peter blurted out.

"Thank you, Wormy. And thanks Markene, it is a nice idea, but I think she is quite smart and it would be extremely weird if I suddenly approach her and ask her if she needs to be tutored."
"Then try approaching her after class? Or after the dinner for example. Just make conversation." I thought about what they suggested thinking about the conversation after the tie incident.

I had no idea what rushed through my head that day, but that situation did something to me that I just wanted to make conversation with her. And yes, what I said to her that evening was really the best I could come up.

"How did you approach this Jenna girl, Wormtail?" I suddenly said. The two of them were still somehow dating, although no one really knew much about them as Wormy wasn't really sharing a lot of information.
"Ahm, I did actually not do anything. She approached me at King's Cross and made conversation and suggested to go Hosgmead when it's time for Hogsmead weekend," he said, flashing us a shy smile. "But honestly, I am never really sure if she really likes me. She never really listens to me and always just talks about herself," he concluded shaking is head slightly.

"Oh, noo. That is rude. Maybe you should end this?" Marlene said putting a hand on Peter's knee. "I will think about it but I really do like her and she is so pretty and the first girl that ever showed interest me. I do not want to throw this away like that," he said, making a kind of sad face.

Poor Peter, I really hoped she was not fooling with him. But did we not talk about me right now and how we should find a solution for problem?

Since I did not want to be rude I did not say anything and just listened a while to the others talked about Peter and Jenna.

"Then ask her on a date to Hogsmead! It is still quite some time until then. I believe it is the weekend after Valentin's Day, but still, ask her on a date," Lily suddenly said, ripping me out of my thoughts. "Thanks Evans, yeah I think about doing that," I said, nodding into her direction.

"But she is probably the kindest soul here at Hogwarts. Don't mess this up. She does not deserve to be treated badly in any way. All right?" 

I assured her that I will really try my absolute best to make everything right.

But how to do everything right? I never experienced something like love. It was a foreign word in the Nobel House of Black. What was it and how to do it right?