Felix's Pity Party

Fix-It Felix Jr's- [Present Day(Later that night)]

It was only a matter of minutes before the party was to actually start. Felix gazed at himself in the mirror, as he had gotten all dressed up for the anniversary party. He wore a long-sleeved button up that was the same shade of sky-blue as his usual polo, along with a vest that had dark blue accents. He still had his same cap on, as well as his arm wraps underneath his shirt, but his other accessories were white rather than their usual hues of yellow.

Indeed, he was all spiffied up for this event, but he just didn't feel right. He gazed upon his tired reflection. The Felix before would have been so bright and chipper to have held up his gig for more than 30 years, but the Felix that looked back now felt pained to need to keep up this happy charade.

Felix stepped on over to his bed, where he tossed off his uniform he wore from earlier. He moved a hand over to the pocket of his polo and pulled out the folded red rag, unfolding it and rubbing it in between his fingers.

...

-----------------------------------------------------------
(25 years ago)-

"Here ya go, Fix-It!", Turbo beamed, as he handed Fix-It Felix a dirty red rag for his 5th anniversary gift.

"Oh, um... Thank you, Turbo, but what exactly is it?", Felix politely questioned.

"Are ya kidding me? This ith my lucky rag! I've been using this bad boy to clean off every speck of dirt and greathe on my car after every win. It holdth precious memorieth leading back to my first day being activated up to now. It hath brought me good luck everytime I held it in my pocket, and now, I am handing it to you", Turbo explained with a bright smile.

"Oh? But Turbo, if this holds so much value to you, do you really want to give it to me?", Felix asked, now feeling a little bad that Turbo chose to give this to him.

"Of courthe! I have been thinking long and hard about it and de'cided to pass it onto you. Besideth, you could do with having some red in your color palette", Turbo joked with his confirmation.

"Haha, well I believe I like my blue and yellow just as much as you like your red and white! Now, I'll be sure to put this in the wash after the party", Felix nodded, as he folded up the rag and placed it in his pocket.

"Well, you'd be washing away some of itth lucky properties, but I guesth I can't tell you how to uthe your gift", Turbo mumbled, crossing his arms with a confident air.

"Haha, oh come on! You might as well tell me how you want me to handle this rag, since you nitpick about nearly everything else!", Felix laughed.

"Oh, ha-ha...", Turbo sarcastically retorted. "... Tell you what. I'll give you permission to wash the rag, IF...!", Turbo was about to suggest.

"... Oh Turbo, don't make me say it", Felix groaned.

"Come on, you have to admit it!", Turbo urged.

"... Fine. Turbo 'the Tastic' is the bestest, most totally tubular racer in the arcade-", Felix began to say, before Turbo interrupted him with a clearing of his throat. "... Sorry- Bestest, most totally tubular racer in existence", Felix finished with a sigh.

"And with that you now have my full permission to defa'ce my lucky rag", Turbo chuckled.

"Right right... Well, I appreciate it either way!", Felix beamed.

"Great! Now, if you'll excuthe me, I'll try to get us thome more punch!", Turbo declared, as he made his way to the punch bowl.

"Geez, isn't he an egotistical one? I honestly don't understand how you can be friends with somebody like him", Gene quipped, as he sipped down his martini.