|**one**|

"They're with me," I say as I flash my identification badge at the serious looking security guard. He glances back quickly at the two tall, gangly boys walking in behind me before nodding at opening the door.

"Have a nice day, Miss Butler," he says as we walk by. I smile and lead the boys to the elevators. Once we're in, I push the last button in the column. It'll take us to the lower levels, where all the labs are.

"First time here?" I ask after a couple moments of awkward silence. The blond haired boy with ripped jeans nods while the brunet with a lip ring stays silent. The elevator lurches to a stop and we step out, making our way to the last door in the hall. The light overhead hasn't worked in years, so I have to turn on my phone to see the keypad.

After I put in the code, I lead the boys through the different sectors of the lab until we reach the most 'homely' part of it. It's furnished like a mix of a kitchen and a living room, with a microwave, couch, table, and mini fridge. Logan Hastings and Rex Dunleavy sit at the table, playing checkers. Knowing them, Logan has probably cheated multiple times without Rex noticing. Iris Dunleavy, Rex's twin, sits on the counter with her feet tucked up, staring at her phone while Levi Hastings, Logan's twin, is sprawled out on the couch. While Iris and Rex, like Duke and Toby, are identical twins, Logan and Levi are feternal twins.

"Hey Luna," Rex says, looking up as Logan sets down his piece. When Rex speaks, Iris looks up, an annoyed looked on her face, Catching sight of the boys though, she smirks and raises an eyebrow at me.

"Well hello!" she says, setting her phone down and sliding off the counter. "I'm Iris."

Glaring at her to behave, I turn to introduce the boys. "Duke Webster," I say, pointing to the blond boy. "And Toby Webster." I point to the brunet.

After a couple seconds of silence - in which I stare expectantly at Logan until he notices my look and speaks.

"Oh hi. I'm Logan. That's Levi." he points to Levi, who upon closer inspection, I find is sleeping.

"Rex ." Rex raises his hand to grin at Duke and Toby before turning back to his game.

When we come to Iris, she grins cheekily as she sticks her hand out.

I slap her hand away. "Her name's Iris," I say, instead of letting her speak, worried for Duke and Tony. "Duke and Toby needed some college credits so I asked them to help us out. Since they're twins and all."

Logan suddenly jumps up, swiping the three remaining pieces off the board. "Yes! I win!" Levi bolts up as Rex groans and tips his chair back.

Iris groans. "Now we have to deal with his ego for the rest of the day."

I just shake my head. "Toby and Duke. You guys can go with Rex and Iris. They'll show you what we do down here. But first, you have to be held to a oath - that what happens down here, stays down here. Promise?" I look at Toby first, then at Duke. Both nod, and Duke goes as far as to cross his heart. "Good. Get started, and when you're done, come back here for lunch before the First of the Trials."

"Trials?" Duke asks.

I nod. "Everything we do down here revolves around the trials. If the trials fail, it's two more people we've failed."

a/n: ok this is bad but i promise it'll get good. i have some really neat plans for this and i hope you enjoy it.

25 reads and 3 votes before the next chapter?

xx