" I just do not understand Pattel." Raphael remarked trying to make sense of his dream as he moved to his feet 

     " The same as before?" the chaplain asked in a more serious tone

     " Aye," Raphael grimmanced, turning to the barely visible chaplain for council, " Ever since my induction into the inner circle..."

     The dark angel captain retracted from completing his statement, trying to find a better means of explaining himself. The two trekked deeper into the temples overgrown ruins, away from the rest of the imperial forces, guardsmen and space marines alike. The dark angel space marine were renowned across the imperium as one of the first space marine legions, but more so known for their reclusive nature. The chapter and its successors often conducting battle without speaking a word to their allies, often leaving live combat zones to attend to their own agendas.

     Only the most honored warriors of the Dark Angels and its successor chapters are awarded induction into the mysterious inner cirlce of the chapters. Only then do the select few begin to unravel the dark past from which the chapters were forged from.  Then and only then do the more senior members of the shadowy order reveal the chapter's darkest of secrets. Entrusting with them the caliginous fate forever staining the legions honor.

     " The destruction of Caliban." Chaplain Pattel confirmed, now deep within the ruins surrounded by the indigenous fauna of the jungle planet. 

     " Aye, Chaplain." Raphael confided," Ever since my induction into the inner circle; my dreams have been plagued with the fragmented scenes of our homeworlds final hours."

     " Our chapter's past is much to take in for even the most hardened of warriors, Raphael." Pattel assured his brother captain, " Your dreams could be a form of greivence." 

     " No, That doesnt seem right Pattel," the captain exclaimed, " At first I figured just as much so, but  ever since i was given orders to come here, the dreams took greater shape, they became more expansive."

     " Like a vision?" the chaplain asked

     " More like memories, only they're leading me to something, something on this planet." Raphael explained 

     " Or someone possibly." the chaplain hinted as he sensed the aproach of more astartes.

     " Seargent Baithon, report." Raphael ordered calling out the closing marines.

     The matte olive drab armour of the veteran seargent materialized through the overgrown vegitation, two more marines close behind. The ornate censor hanging from the hip of his power armour leaving a smokey trail behind him. 

     " Everything is quiet captain, the surviving guard are still finding their dead, damned warp beast nearly slaughtered all of them." Baithon reported as he observed his surroundings.

     " What of the cultist that escaped after the beast touched down?" Chaplain Pattel questioned.

     " I have the rest of my tactical squad wiping out the last pockets of traitors as we speak," Baithon stated, " According to the guard chatter, a good majority of the turncoat scum fled into the ruins, I'd be on guard."

     Just as Raphael began to process Baithon's warning, the captain caught on to the faint crackle of broken twigs and dried leaves. Instantly, he spun on his heels and fixed his bolt pistol's iron sights into the sillohette of the jungles depths. 

     " Reveal yourself." the captain demanded, " There is no honor in a coward's death."

     Tense moments passed as the marines anxiously waited for some kind of response.

     " It would appear that our assailants have the upper hand." Pattel reported as he thumbed the activation stud on his crozius arcanum.

      " Aye chaplain, they have encircled us." Baithon added as he silently instructed his astartes into a phalanx formation, effectivly covering their exposed flank.

     Raphael's tightened the grip on his bolt pistol, scanning the darkness for some type of sign of life.

     " You dark angels, just as perceptive as the tomes suggested."  an ownerless voice remarked from just beyond the darkness.

     The young inquisitor moved into the dim moonlight, as he did so did his retinue of twenty stormtroopers, tightening the circle around the astartes. Close behind the inquisitor a servo skull skitted by scanning the indigenous plant life.

     " Inquisitor Atall Mael, Ordo Hereticus," He introduced, " These are my men."

     The servo-skull wizzed pass the inquisitor, sporadically jumping between the marines scanning the different iconography  and wargear of the dark angels.

     " Be gone from me!" Baithon impatiently growled as he swatted at the hovering skull.

     The skull climbed to avoid being hit by the frustrated space marine and scurried quickly back behind the safety of the inquisitor.

     " My apologies seargent, the drone carries a rather mischevious quality like that of the previous owner of the skull." Atall inquired as he began to examine the estatic skull.

     The inquisitor's words sent a vile feeling to each of the space marines, perhaps in lesser parts of the imperium, such a fate as having one's own mind encased in such an infernal device after death was seen as the highest of honors. This feeling however was not sharedx amongst the ranks of the Emperor's adeptus astartes. Only death in his Holy Emperor's name was honor worthy.

     " What exactly are you doing on this world inquisitor?" Pattel posed with deep irritation in his voice.

     The inquisitor pulled his attention away from his excited companion  and slowly moved his gaze over to the chaplain,

     " I could be asking you the same thing," Atall stated plainly afixing his attention on the marines, " Kantis Secundous, a back water planet. A back water system for that matter. With no chapter monestary even remotely close by, it makes me wonder why I'm in the presense of space marines, let alone a whole detatchment of dark angels."

     The marines stayed silent, only Pattel and Raphael knowing their true intentions.

     " We go where the Emperor wills us." Raphael answered solemnly

     " Mmm, dont we all," the inquisitor remarked a tinge of bored doubt in his voice. " You shall lead us back to camp."

     " Aye inquisitor." Raphael droned as he turned and gestured to the rest of the marines to turn back .

     The dark angels moved back through the undergrowth of the ruins their unexpected ally now in tow, the inquisitor was smart for how young he appeared to be but the theories behind his actual age are infinite. Inquisitors practiced all forms of deception, most likely he had several lengthy rejuvenation surgeries. No doubt they were most likely costly but the inquisition has never cared for counting figures, imperial credits or mandated lives. Regardless, the inquisitor had his stormtroopers maintain a thirty meter gap. 

     " We're not just gonna let this inquisitor hijack our mission are we?" Baithon moaned clearly irritated by the inquisitors presence

     " We will help if necessary but our mission remains priority, Seargent." Raphael stated plainly, " To start an open conflict with the inquisition would not only bring dishonour to the chapter be will likely be the death of it as well." 

     " Aye," Pattel gruffed in agreance.

     " What do you think the inquisition wants with this world anyhow?" Baithon questioned.

     " Like us Seargent, they're hunting."