ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ɴɪɴᴇᴛᴇᴇɴ: ᴄʟɪɴɢʏ ꜰᴇᴠᴇʀ

Start from the beginning

“Or when you sent Sir Arthur to the dungeons after you calmly solved the case of the poisoned chalice with ease.” Lucy pointed out, glancing away as if remembering that very day.

“Don't forget about exposing Lady Harriet's schemes of framing her husband for her crimes.” The other Pevensie threw in, taking a sip of her tea.

“You lot are acting like I'm the only one on that so called list.” I rolled my eyes at them, hiding a small smile on my face.

Giving me a lopsided grin, Lucy's eyes twinkled in her usual nature. “That's only because you're famous around most kingdoms.”

“If not all.” Susan scoffed out in addition, placing her cup back to the small table.

Just then, a thought went into my mind that made me narrow my eyes at the both of them. Suspecting their sudden burst of compliments to which they gave guilty looks back. It was something they always did whenever they had requests from me.

“Exactly what do you expect to receive from this?” I voiced out my concern, arms crossing over my chest.

It took them a few seconds of silent banter of who would speak up, fighting about going first while the other will add in. Susan, of course won, using the age card to lock–in her success.

“We just want you to call us by our names!” Lucy finally exclaimed, earning a nod from her sister.

“But I do?” I gasped in surprise, making them all the more disbelieved at my act.

Her face scrunched in incredulity, looking as if she's about to cry. “Not correctly!”

“I don't know what you're talking about.”

“Oh, don't act daft.” The oldest one sighed in exasperation, matching the frown of her sister.

Clicking my tongue at her, I poised straighter on my seated position. “That's bullocks.”

“You call me Shiela!” Susan roared out, serving as the final straw that was stopping my cackle. They groaned at the way I took amusement in their misery, myself ignoring them as I held my stomach from laughing too hard. “Is it so hard to utter the name Susan?”

“Or Lucy!” After that, they both just gave up, not wanting to push through with my stubbornness.

We stayed under the comfortable warmth of the sun, just chatting about all of the things we've heard or what they heard. These females were such gossipers, mainly Lucy, that I even found them eavesdropping on some people's heated arguments. Later talking about it with the other Narnians that they just pulled in along their way.

By the time it was almost sundown, the sounds of neighing echoed along the distance, the harmonious signal reaching our ears as it neared with every step it took. Squinting my eyes slightly, I could barely see two familiar figures of the Pevensie brothers. As they got closer, their bodies became clearer in our lines of sight, faces getting lit up under the beautiful hues of the eternal ember. We then came to the decision of meeting them at the entrance of the castle, Lucy politely thanking a faun for cleaning up our small mess.

“What took both of you so long?” Susan inquired with quirked eyebrows.

My eyes only observed as the aforementioned twosome dismounted their ride, a cloud of exhaustion circling around them in weight. Both sides were awfully fatigued but one was more intensified than the other. I just stood there in pursed silence, hands starting to involuntarily play with an accessory on my finger.

“Are you well, Ed?” Lucy concerned, her brother not opening his mouth to speak. He merely started to trudge weakly with eyes focused solely on me, his sisters giving him weird looks.