↻Ƕ. ϩ𝟙 [Ⱥƒէҽɾʍąէհ]

Start from the beginning

"Then what's up with all of the bodies in the same place? They weren't alive, were they?" Tendō blurts out. Surprised by the sudden question, he slaps his hands over his mouth. Shirabu gets up and leaves for no apparent reason, or maybe there is? I wouldn't know.

"Probably not, as they've shown signs of struggle and torture. Only Sugawara was okay, though we wouldn't exactly know considering what we had left. We were lucky to put out the fire in the time we had."

"How is this going to work? I mean, your culprit is dead." I comment, confused on how we're going to deal with everything.

"We're keeping the case open. We're trying to figure out exactly what happened."

"Oh, okay. Thank you." Semi get's up and leaves, crying for an unknown reason. Is this really happening?

"We also found one of the victims phones in the L/N household, which Sugawara or L/N could've had."

"Wait, whose?"

"Ennoshita's." Oh shit.

☆○o。  。o○☆

Semi's POV

"Hey, you good?" My teammate asks, worried.

"It's just that Y/N... I could've helped. If only I were their soulmate, this wouldn't happen."

"What do you mean? Do you like them or something?"

"If you want to put it like that. The whole soulmate thing is stupid, why can't we just pick who we want?"

"I mean, I personally kinda like it. This just makes it less complicated."

"Yeah, but the whole soulmate thing led to this happening. What are people going to think? No one's going to trust their soulmate again. People are going to scare their soulmate by writing dates, I can bet on that."

"Yeah, I guess." Suddenly the door slides open to reveal everyone.

"Hey, Semi, Shirabu, the memorial is going to be held outside the school for the victims. There's going to be strict supervision though. It's tomorrow after the funeral."

"Oh... thanks." Looking down, I head to the lobby, feeling dumb that I just ranted to one of my underclassmen. I'm definitely attending, it'll just be difficult. At least, difficult for me.

☆○o。  。o○☆

Turns out there was also a memorial at the L/N household soon. They found the whole L/N family dead in their house, leading back to Sugawara as he was careless enough to leave so much evidence. I mean, why not do whatever you want to do if you're going to die right after, right? Still, that was really messed up.

"We give our prayers to the deceased students from Karasuno High and Shiratorizawa." Why is everyone just gone? I have to go to the funeral right after this, even if the murderer is in one of those coffins. Shouldn't that not be allowed? I mean, who knows who each person is? They're all burnt to a crisp. God, this sounds so insensitive.

"With that, we conclude our ceremony, please proceed to the funeral." Is that even how it's supposed to go? Is everyone just being that unkind to the situation?

Walking slowly to the building, lowering my head, I think about all the memories I had with Y/N and Goshiki. It's not like I really knew any of the other victims, but just imagining Y/N being hurt by them hurts me in general.

☆○o。  。o○☆

Third Person POV

The atmosphere in the room was dark, too dark. There were parents sobbing, friends and strangers, basically an average funeral for a terrible event. Though investigation is still going on, it's practically over once the murderer is dead. At least, that's what many people believe.

If only I believed it was Suga from the beginning.

If only I told them.

If only I didn't hang up and told the police.

If only we searched farther.

If only we knew what has been going on in his house.

If only we knew what was going on when we were away.

If only they could all come back. We could restart.

Of course, these are only thoughts, but it'll probably affect them for the rest of their lives.
It'll all get better eventually.

...

Death Date Eᑎᗪ

☆○o。  。o○☆

in·sane
/inˈsān/
adjective

in a state of mind which prevents normal perception, behavior, or social interaction; seriously mentally ill.

-.-.-.-

Word count: 1152