chapter 20

The day after Louis and Harry’s minor grenade (and Harry’s nuclear bomb) passed quickly and then it was Friday, the day Harry had dreaded for months. The day started badly and Harry only expected worse. Louis wasn’t lying next to him in bed, just like he hadn’t the morning before. When Harry had woken up the previous day (the day after he’d asked Louis to move in with him) his bed had been empty and after calling he’d found out Louis had gone to rehearsal early. Harry knew he was avoiding him. Even though they met up later and Louis had given him a kiss before bed, Harry was sulking. Quite honestly he was annoyed and irritated. With himself.

His grumpy mood didn’t get better as the Friday came around. When he opened his eyes and didn’t feel Louis’ warmth he felt like throwing the pillow across the room. He was mad at himself for even asking Louis to begin with. It was too early, wasn’t it? He should have kept it to himself. Stupid Harry.

He rolled out of bed and took a shower. He’d be picked up at four for the dressing and then he’d be off with Gemma to the dinner. They’d meet their parents there. He made himself a light breakfast, not sure he could stomach more than a croissant and tea, thinking about the hours to come. He was scared and anxious and he felt nauseas at just the thought of being in the same room as him. Louis wasn’t going to be able to be there by his side every second of the night, but he tried not to think about that.
When the time finally came, Gemma did too and they went off to dressing. It was a secret location and they took the backdoor into the small yet very luxurious sartorial shop. They had Gemma’s dress there too and while in their own dressing rooms, Gemma spoke to Harry.

“Are you okay, Harry?”

“I’m fine. I do know how to dress myself.”

“You know what I mean,” she replied seriously.

“What do you think?” he grumbled while slipping into his dress shoes. They were shining a bit much for Harry’s taste.

“Just please don’t talk to him. I know you’ll get upset and you know that too. Don’t let him get to you, please.” Harry just muttered something back. Why would he want to speak to him? Ty ruined him. He almost even ruined what Harry had with Louis. Harry was determined. He wasn’t going to give him a single look, not a glance in his direction. Ty wouldn’t get the chance to even try to ruin Harry’s relationship again.

Worrying about Ty made him think about Louis, and thinking about Louis hurt too. Why wasn’t Louis talking to him right now, texting him and telling him everything was going to be fine? Right, because Harry messed it up and was too pushy and too eager and too much.

Harry stepped out of the changing room and Gemma did the same shortly after. He eyed her in her beautiful peach dress, her hair falling graciously over her shoulder.

“Not bad, sis.”

She smiled back. “You too, little brother. Louis’ gonna’ love it.” She pinched his cheek lightly and Harry rolled his eyes. The comment though did actually make him feel a bit better.

They got in the car when they were all made up and pretty, Harry’s legs anxiously jumping up and down. He hated it, but he couldn’t help it. If Ty would see him now, he’d be laughing. That made Harry stop.

When they arrived to the scene, Harry still hadn’t heard from Louis. His mood was getting worse and worse by the minute. Just when he got up and was about to get out the car, his phone chirped. For a moment, he was scared it was Ty. It wasn’t.

Louis
I love you and if you feel bad during the night, text me and I’ll sneak out with you somehow and give you a blowjob ;) xx

It felt a little like a weight fell off his shoulders. Louis still cared, even though he might be “a little” overwhelmed by Harry’s proposal. The text wasn’t anything serious, but it meant everything. Harry would prefer a warm hug and a kiss right now, but a text did wonders.