18| SECOND FIRST KISS

Start from the beginning

Layla lost consciousness, but John B had gotten away and that's all that mattered.

"Let me out of here!" Layla yelled from inside of the church, locked inside alone after Rafe had brought her to her father and made some absolutely insane story up, "Open the doors! Dad, please!"

"Layla, i'm trying to help you." Ramon begged her from the other side, "Please, let me help you."

"I didn't do anything! Let me go!" Layla yelled at the top of her lungs through her sobs, beating on the walls, "Mom would hate you! She would hate you for doing this to me!"

"She'd hate the daughter you weren't raised to be!" he yelled at her from the other side, "Christ brought you into this world! Let him in!"

"I didn't do anything! Let me go! Let me out!" Layla hollered, hitting the wood, "Dad, please! It's me, it's your daughter!"

"The Cameron boy told me what you've been doing." Ramona spoke from the other side, "Sneaking around with his sister, going on a chase for money, smokin and doin' drugs. That's not you, Layla. It's not who you were baptized to be."

"Let me go! Let me go!" Layla shook the doors hard, her chest burning from the amount of yelling she was doing, "I didn't do anything! I didn't hurt no one!"

"You hurt yourself." Ramon spoke to her, "You're lucky they didn't involve your name in those papers like they did your friend. Killing the sheriff? You were there! They left you out of it!"

"John B didn't kill him! Rafe did! Rafe shot her, I was there! I tried to save her!" she spoke from the other side, feeling her hands start to bleed from hitting the wood so many times, "Let me go, please, i'll do anything. I don't wanna be here!"

"Your in the house of god, Layla. He loves you, he wants to help you." Ramon spoke much calmer as Layla sniffled, "He's always wanted to help you, ever since you met that girl in middle school."

Layla was silent a moment as she clutched her hands, "He doesn't want to help me, because there is nothing to help. God made me this way and he loves me for it! No matter if you do or not! You wanna preach about love and acceptance but hate your daughter for kissin' girls?"

"Layla, your mother-" Ramon began.

"Mom loved me! She loved me and she'd never do this to me!" Layla sobbed from the other side as she hit the doors harder, "I don't blame her! I don't blame her for killing herself and getting away from you!"

"You listen-" he began loudly before a groan echoed and a thud hit the floor:

Layla sniffled as she listened to the silence, "Dad?"

The doors of the church busted open, making Layla step back and focus on the three figures in the doorway. Pope spoke up first, "Thought you could use some backup."

"Oh my god." Layla sobbed as she pulled the three of them into a hug, "Oh my god."

"It's okay, we're here, we're here." Kie spoke softly as she held her, wanting to cry but knew Layla would only cry harder if she did.

"He's locked me in here since last night." Layla sobbed, clutching her friends harder, "He made his friends come yell prayers at me. I can't do this anymore, I can't do it!"

"Layla, you're okay." JJ spoke, keeping her close, "I knocked him out, we've got you."

"I can't do it anymore." Layla sobbed, repeating herself, "That was so bad! It was so bad!"

"Never again." Pope spoke to her, "I promise."

They let Layla cry a moment longer before she pulled back with a gasp, "Sarah-"

"She's okay, she's at her house." Kie reassured her quickly.

"And John B? Did he make it out?" Layla panicked.

"His face is all in the papers, and wanted. We have a plan, we'll fill you in." Pope spoke quickly, keeping his hand on her shoulder.

"There's someone you need to see first." JJ cut in, looking to Kie a moment, "We all think we need to see her."

"Layla." Sarah spoke as she pulled her window open, "Oh my god, you're okay."

Layla immediately pulled her into a tight hug, holding her tightly as she let out small whimpers into her shoulder, "I'm here."

"You have to go, if they find you here-" Sarah began to panic as she held Layla's face quickly.

"I know, I know." Layla nodded her head quickly, "I just had to see you, I wanted to know you were okay."

"I'm getting out of here soon, i'm gonna find John B." Sarah spoke as she helped Layla into her bedroom, dropping her voice to a whisper, "Shh, Weezie is right down the hallway."

"I left my bike in the front for you." Layla nodded her head, creeping into Sarah's bathroom, "Do you have a rag? I've got blood all over me and i've gotta get going soon."

When Sarah didn't say anything, Layla looked up at her in the mirror, "Sarah?"

The Cameron girl suddenly stormed toward Layla as the darker girl spun around. Sarah grabbed her by the face harshly and pushed her lips into Layla's. She stumbled into the sink slightly, holding onto it to keep balance while the other found Sarah's lover back. The blonde kept her hands on Layla face, deepening their kiss before pulling away, "I never want to feel like this again."

"Like what?" Layla asked her with gentle eyes.

"Not knowing if you're okay." Sarah whispered, pressing her forehead into Layla's, "I was wrong. I'm not straight, because if I was I wouldn't feel so many things about you."

Layla leaned in and kissed her again, "Sarah."

"I know." she whispered back, "I'm gonna tell him."

"He loves you." Layla spoke, bringing her hands up and holding Sarah's face.

"And I love you." she said as Layla's eyes softened, a smile forming on her face as her eyes watered.

"Dido." Layla commented as Sarah laughed, leaning into her again as they shared a kiss once more.

"I still need to go to him though. He needs me and i'm his only alibi, my brother and dad said you weren't there when I said you were. There's no proof." Sarah spoke as Layla nodded her head, "Do you think he's okay?"

"He'll be okay as long as you're with him." Layla spoke, pushing Sarah's hair out of her face, "I'll protect you, from the other side anyways."

"You've gotten pretty good at that." Sarah grinned, eyes soft as she smiled at her, "I'll see you when all this rolls over."

"I'll be waiting." Layla spoke, leaning in and kissing her once again.

kylie speaks

this is the last
sarah and layla
moment we get until
s2 comes :((( BUT CAN
WE APPRECIATE HOW
THEY FINALLY ADMITTED
IT! JOHN B BEING SARAHS
COVER FOR HER LOVE FOR
LAYLA! EPISODE TEN AND
SHE FINALLY SAID IT!

this is the last sarah and layla moment we get untils2 comes :((( BUT CANWE APPRECIATE HOW THEY FINALLY ADMITTEDIT! JOHN B BEING SARAHSCOVER FOR HER LOVE FORLAYLA! EPISODE TEN ANDSHE FINALLY SAID IT!