The two stared at each other for a long time, the embers falling all around them.

Finally, Muzan smiled.

"If that's what you want... I'll gladly accept it."

Muzan's face twitched violently, monstrous growls escaping his breath. His face contorted as his jaws grew larger, his fangs poking out of his face. Okayata didn't seem fazed.

Finally, the twitching stopped, and Muzan grinned at Okayata, his jaws twice as large as before. His eyes shined red, and nerves started popping out of his face.

"Any last words?"

Okayata slowly raised his head and glared at Muzan.

"No matter how many miles you tread, no matter how many lives you take, no matter how much you terrorize mankind, you will NEVER become God."

Muzan sneered at Okayata. "And what should I do to reach the power of God?"

Okayata held his face steady, not faltering. "You must die."

Muzan cackled loudly. Finally he raised Okayata up from the ground and gave him one final grin.

"Sayonara."

Muzan, in one swift motion, bit off Okayata's head with his oversized jaws. He released Okayata's body, which was now headless, a jet of blood pouring from the stump where his head once was. Muzan drank the stream of blood delightfully.

 Muzan drank the stream of blood delightfully

(Closest example I could find)

Okayata-sama was dead.

Shinobu tried to struggle out of Giyuu's grasp, but he was too strong.

Muzan's jaws retracted back to their original size and he licked his lips.

"Pretty stale." Muzan said. "That sickness of his probably ruined the taste."

As the sun started to shine through the fog of ash, some of the other demons (wearing straw hats) shielded Muzan with a black cloth.

"Let's move." Muzan announced. "We must get out of the sunlight. We leave for Tokyo as soon as possible."

Shinobu, seeing that Muzan was about to escape, finally broke free from Giyuu's grasp. Unfortunately, she clumsily fell from the roof on to the ground below, making a loud thud.

The demons looked back as they heard the noise. Luckily, Shinobu fell on the opposite side of the house, which means she still had a chance to hide.

"Help me up!" Shinobu whispered.

"I can't!" Giyuu whispered back, trying to reach for Shinobu's hand.

Suddenly, Shinobu could hear footsteps approaching. She ducked under the shadows of the house and waited.