Diamonds and Dancing

Start from the beginning

All the witches of the coven bowed in respect, lest they be punished. They prayed the soldiers couldn't smell fear as their bodies trembled. Kol inhaled and exhaled, cocking his head so he could eye the women with a smirk; He had to make sure they weren't terrified of him, but still afraid enough not to rebel against him. His brother taught him never to trust witches.

Glancing back to the red-haired woman in front of him, Kol's smirk widened while he reached out a hand, stroking the side of her face. The gesture caused Genevieve's body to stiffen, her face turning paler than she was now as her eyes widened in fear.

"I hear you girls have or know the whereabouts of something that belongs to me." His gaze never left Genevieve's as he spoke softly. "I came to this hovel wondering if the stories are true."

Swallowing hard, the witch felt her heartbeat quicken, knowing Kol could hear it by the way his smirk turned into a grin. Taking a deep breath, she stared him in the eyes, not too defiant or she'd end up dead. "What exactly are you searching for, my lord?"

Kol chuckled, reaching into his pocket to pull out a scroll. With a flick of his wrist it unraveled, revealing an illustration of a massive diamond. Seeing the drawing caused Genevieve to gasp, not unnoticed by Kol.

"The Perennial Diamond, my dear. Apparently it's well known throughout the covens, however no one can figure out where the location might be." Tapping his chin, the vampire uttered a sigh while gazing upwards. "It seems it's vanished into thin air, perhaps."

Leering to the side, he squinted as his eyebrows furrowed in suspicion. "Or..."

Without warning, Genevieve suddenly felt herself slammed into the wall of her house, a strong hand around her neck squeezing her throat. Shocked and confused as to what was going on, she gasped for air, attempting to beg the vampire to release her.

Baring his fangs in a smile, Kol simply stroked her face with his thumb, leaning closer so his mouth was at her ear. "Or I'm being lied to. Tell me Genevieve, for as long as you've been leader of these women, do you ever think I'd hurt you or them?"

Yes. Genevieve wanted to reply, but she kept her mouth shut, choosing to shake her head. Not simply for her sake but for the safety of her coven. Who knows what he would do if she made him angry.

If they made him angry.

Kol gazed into her eyes, searching for any sign of uncertainty. When he couldn't find any, an amused chuckle emitted from him. "Correct answer, darling. Now, I have to ask, do you or anyone in your group know the whereabouts of the jewel?"

Turning around, he eyed everyone in the coven. "If you girls are lying to me, the same thing that happened to your 'sister's who defied me will happen to anyone I find not telling the truth. Understood?" He faced Genevieve once more. "You'll be the first if I don't get the answer I seek."

The coven leader prayed this evil man couldn't detect her fear. With the forces Kol had at his disposal, the witches were powerless against him, making their magic not enough if bitten by one of his soldiers. No longer was he ruling by charm and sweet words, instead he used an iron fist that dared anyone to step out of line.

If only you were still alive, Lord Bennett and Abigail. Genevieve thought. Composing herself, her green eyes flared so they bore holes into the vampire's own, attempting not to let him know she was afraid.