[𝚘𝚜] - 𝚗𝚘𝚋𝚊𝚛𝚊 𝚔𝚞𝚐𝚒𝚜𝚊𝚔𝚒

Start from the beginning

so he was rather salty about it.

"megumi, why aren't you scared?! you never know when it might happen!" you screamed in panic, removing the blanket off your head for a moment. megumi shook his head, "whatever, it's already past midnight, we need to sleep."

the three of you grunted with a slight nod, mumbling curses and how megumi just had to ruin the sleepover because of his perfectly aligned sleep schedule. but the yawns and gasps that came out of the three of you was enough of a sign that sleep was much needed.

and so, you'd settled down the mattress you've prepped. itadori and megumi shared a bed, though it was too small for them. you and kugisaki shared a mattress just below megumi's bed, cozying up to the warm blankets that hugged your existence.

"hey, kugisaki," you whispered once she was beside you. she hummed, facing you, "was the story you told earlier really true?" you said, trying your best not to let your worries show. usually, kugisaki would have told all her scary stories were made up to ease the tension however, there seemed to be no signal of that left which left you anxious.

kugisaki shrugged, thinking for letting the tension last longer for much longer than she had planned, "it is." she said nonchalantly. you felt shiver run down your spines. you just hoped you'll be able to sleep tonight.

"goodnight." kugisaki had bid, taking you closer by the shoulder and pressing a chaste kiss on your forehead. she removed the excess strands of hair running down your cheek, pecking it slightly as well. "sleep tight." you had bidded her the same, nodding.

1:05...

1:30...

2:25...

3:15...

your head jolted in slight panic as you heard a faint shuffle just above your head. you quickly looked up, eyes wide in panic, trying to make out the shuffling that occured in the dark room.

it may have just been your imagination, but the growing concern in your body lingered and maybe just maybe what kugisaki had said was true. you bit your lip, coddling further beneath the sheets and thinking of all the moments you and kugisaki shared together as a distraction.

it was only then that you once again felt slight shuffling, this time, the motion was beside you rather than above you. you peaked your head up above the blanket slightly, seeing kugisaki face you now with her eyes still closed.

and as if she sensed your awake figure, her eyes quickly shot open. the two of you made eye contact, you'd given her a small grin in the dark, waving ever so slightly.

"can't sleep?" she whispered in a hushed voice, "kind of... it's okay though, go to sleep." you quickly reassured her, not wanting to destroy her beauty sleep. you felt her chuckle and all of a sudden, hands were at your waist, and kugisaki now laid above you, your head on her chest.

"i'll hum you to sleep?" she suggested. you shook your head, "your voice sounds terrible, you know?" you teased to which earned you a light smack on the head. "shut up."

kugisaki then started humming a soft tune ever so quietly, making sure not to disturb the two boys who were asleep. her hands subtly caressed the back of your head, occasionally going to your neck.

then, she halted. "what are you even scared for, you dummy?" kugisaki had asked. you hesitated answering but soon enough, you figured to tell her despite the teasing you'll probably get the following day. "the woman in your story might get me, you said the story was true right?"

kugisaki chuckled gently, slapping the top of your head. "dummy. i can't believe you get scared over things like those."

"shut up! you said it was true." you whisper-shouted.

"who knows?" kugisaki shrugged, then continued on humming the melody she'd paused just a moment ago. you chose not to speak any further, hugging her body close to yours and enjoying her singing. you loved her voice, as well as her figure next to you.

kugisaki was rough and hot-headed, much more than you'd like to think and much more than you could handle. however, that was what made her all the more endearing.

her scary stories were part of her personality, and so was her constant teasing.

"the scary woman won't get you, you know why?"

"why?"

"well, because the story isn't true anyways." she chuckled.

"i thought you'll say something cheesy like, 'i'll protect you, no matter what.'" you snorted beneath.

"you can fend for yourself, you're stronger than anyone i know." you gently smiled, finding the compliment heart-warming. "you're strong but i can't believe you get scared by ghost stories." she quickly added.

you then rolled your eyes, patting her back. "yeah, yeah."

no more words were spoken after that, only kugisaki's humming reaching your ears in the dark night. you'd no longer been afraid of the said ghost coming to crawl up your feet, because like kugisaki had said- the story was made up.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

┊  ┊  ┊   ┊  ┊  ┊  ┊

┊  ┊  ┊   ☆ ┊  ┊  ┊

┊  ┊   ✬       ✬   ┊   ┊

┊  ★              ★    ┊

☆                     ☆

okay— i hope you guys liked that oneshot!!! i just LOVE fluff and i figured why not add it here? lolz.

but anyways, once we reach 200k reads, i'll be dropping a full on smut! (as requested by you mfs.)

i'll also be opening the requests so let me know what you think about that!

lastly, tell me you what you think about this oneshot down in the comments (or just honestly put anything in the comments, i love reading them.)

till my next update !!