"I'm pretty sure you're not supposed to make other people cry on your birthday," Peter fanned his eyes.

"I'm supposed to meet Liv at the cafe," Luna grabbed her car keys. "So, I'll give you some privacy to cry. Bye, Peter!"

♡♡♡

Once she arrived at the cafe, she went straight to the designated table that she and Liv always sat at and was surprised that Spencer was right beside her. They both turned their heads in sync and smiled at the birthday girl, pushing themselves off of the chair and throwing their arms around her, immediately showering her in affection.

"How are you doing on this fine afternoon, birthday girl?" Liv perched her chin in her hand, fluttering her eyelashes at her.

"I'm fine," she smiled, settling on one of the stools beside Spencer. "My mom went off to work, my stepdad is at home. So everything's normal."

"Sounds sad," Liv mockingly stuck her tongue out. "Look, I know you said you weren't in the mood to celebrate anything. But, we bought you gifts."

"I could never say no to gifts," she made grabby hands. "Gimme, gimme."

She excitedly pulled out the tissue paper from the first bag which was from Liv and took ahold of the items, observing them in her hands while flashing her a grin.

Liv leaned over the table and glanced at her. "Do you like it?"

"17 reasons why I'm your best friend," Luna giggled. "And a puzzle with our faces on it. I'll admit it Liv, you did better than me."

"Ahem!" Spencer cleared his throat, tapping his fingernails against the table. "My turn."

Luna sent him a grateful smile as she sifted through the bag that looked like it was for a four-year-old but nonetheless she was grateful that Spencer had gone out of his way to buy her a gift.

"You did great, Spence," she exclaimed. "This is the exact brand that I use when I paint. Thank you."

"Can't take all of the credit," Spencer chuckled. "I had a little help. Now, what are our plans for the rest of the day?"

"Our?" Luna raised her eyebrow. "What do you mean...our plans?"

"Look, we get it, you don't want to celebrate," Spencer rolled his eyes. "But, the least we could do is spend the day with our best friend. You only turn 17 once."

"You know who you sound like?" she squinted her eyes, pointing her index finger at Liv. "Her. You two are like the same person. Anyone ever tell you that?"

Spencer and Liv exchanged innocent looks before staring back at her.

"So...plans for today?" Liv changed the subject.

"Um, well, we can go back to my place?" Luna suggested. "Asher and Harold are coming over tonight and we're gonna have a small dinner. And since you two are my best friends and it's my birthday, you're obviously invited."

Liv clapped her hands together. "Perfect! We can play some pool for a while and then we can head to your house after."

"That sounds fine," Luna agreed. "I'm sure Asher would love to see you."

♡♡♡

After the time the trio of friends had spent at the cafe which had lasted a bit longer than Luna would've asked for. They headed straight for her house and practically forced her to meet her at the front door instead of going inside and waiting for them.

They took ahold of her arm and gestured for her to open the door which made her nervous, they were clearly up to something if they needed to do every single thing together.