Season 8 Episode 8 'Protect and Serve'

Start from the beginning

"No."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I mean, what the hell was the point of that?!" Adam exclaimed as he and Kevin walked into the garage.  "They should check my police records if they wanna see if I'm a good or bad cop! I mean come on, am I right!?" Emma laughed and handed off a clipboard to an officer before join the two guys. They started to walked upstairs to the unit.

"Nah, Nah. They don't wanna know who you are now, they wanna know who you gonna be then." Kevin said.

"One hour with them and now you're a psychic too!? Jeez, if I had wanted to be psychoanalyzed I woulda became a psychologist." 

"Maybe I got the feature in me. But if asking us questions is gonna help us find prejudice, prevent problems, and help policing, I'd sit for them all damn day." Kevin said.

"I get the intention, I do. But it just seems a little overzealous to me." Adam said rubbing his eyes. "You don't punish the many to get to the few. Grill good cops, looking for cracks that aren't there." Adam said as they got upstairs.

"I just wanna find Jay, give him a hug, and I wanna know, what the hell does my coffee order have to do with anything?" Emma sighed.

"Hey! Guys!" Jay yelled from a back room, the three of them turned around. Jay, Rocky, and Kim where in the backroom huddled around a computer. Rocky was sitting at the desk. 

"We got a case?" Emma asked walking into the room with Adam and Kevin, Jay rubbed his temples. Emma walked over to him and shoved his shoulder with her palm, trying to get him to give her cuddles and attention.  

"Officer involved shooting." Kim sighed, Emma stopped shoving Jay and turned towards the screen.

"What?" Adam exclaimed. "No!"

"What happened?" Kevin asked.

"Buddy of mind in patrol sent over this video, a civilian caught it on his cellphone."  Rocky played the video, Wheelan had pulled over an African American man and the officer, Wheelan, was  arguing with the guy over the fact that he wouldn't turn around. Wheelan shot the man a bunch of times after he the ranted the man a few times. Everyone in the room looked shocked.

"Kid die?" Kevin asked. 

"On the pavement." Jay sighed, Kevin shook his head and Adam walked out of the room. Kevin followed him, the unit dispersing. Rocky stood up and nodded at Emma who gave him a small smile.

"Hey." Jay said quietly grabbing her wrist before she could leave. "How'd... whatever they wanna call it go?" Emma shook her head, she could feel some tears burning their way through her eyes. 

"I don't wanna talk about it, and I think we need to focus on this." Emma pointed at the screen. "For right now, we can talk when we get home." Jay wrapped her in a tight hug and kissed the top of her head.

~~~~~~~

"The video is not yet viral." Captain Miller explained to the unit. "but we will be putting every officer on immediate 12's. We are expecting mass protests and violence, so we must move fast. Officer Atwater and Officer Ruzek, I would like for you to go to officer Wheelan's house and arrest him for murder." Adam looked at Hank, very, very confused. Kevin looked angry, but was very stoic at the same time. The rest of the unit, just looked confused, but not as confused as Adam looked.  

~~~~~~~

"HEY! HEY! WE GOT A PROBLEM!" Rocky shouted sprinting up the stairs a little while later, Kevin and Adam where out making the arrest.  "There's a video out, now, online! One we didn't know about." Rocky shouted, Voight, who had come out of his office, looked at Emma.