A Warning

Third person | Karl
——————————

Karl walks through the dark castle, seeing how aged it's become over the time no one was here, even when time didn't pass here.
The dust was settled on items that were barely touched, some of the wallpaper was tearing off, showing the dark, blackstone walls of the castle. Any potted flowers were mainly dead, aside from the white tulips.

"Your time here is almost up, Karl." Said a dark booming voice, almost friendly in a sense.
"I suppose so, is there much left?" Karl said, turning to face a creature, looking as if made from the castle itself.

This time the creature did not speak, just gave Karl a book.
When the book was opened he read, "Not too much left, but as your time to leave approaches, it feels more important that you must be told something that will not ruin your current time more."

"What... what do you need to tell me..?" Karl said, slightly hesitant. Turning up to the creature, it nodded after a few seconds.
Looking down he sees the new paragraph that appeared when he looked away.

"Beware the wings of night,
Who will tear away your sight,
Dawn cannot save you.
Beware the man who is friendly to few,
For he hunts for one that you know,
Do not trust his looks,
Do not trust what he says,
For his wings of night will swallow you whole."

Karl gulped at this, that would have to mean something if it came from a timeless creature.
Nodding, he let the book close and go, looking like it floated away by itself. Over and behind the creature.

"Is there a chance you can tell me what your called by now?" Karl questions. He's been asking this for a while but it's only been the same response.

The creature shakes its head.

Karl stretches as time begins to speed up for him, indicating him returning to his time. But there's something that he couldn't quite properly hear, but noticed.

The creature was saying something, both quick and short.

"Don't forget it, time depends on it."

(350 words)
(Beginning of the end for Karl :))