lucas was a keeper, even if it took him a few extra seconds or even minutes to process things.

however, the sentiment was still incredibly enduring and mike was happy for both of them. he would never say it out loud, but it was about time lucas dedicated his time to one person in contrary to the sporadic hookups he would bring home on occasion.

and honestly, he was even happier that the event completely distracted the pair enough to not even mention the marks scattered across el's skin.

oh how exquisite she had been this morning, completely melting into him over and over again as the string that tied their hearts together sung the sweetest melodies to them. how her movements felt so familiar, so comfortable that it was hard to believe that he was and will forever be her only one.

and this, this in itself was exactly was it was so hard to stay focused lately, his mind turning into a chaotic mixture of murky water colored paints completely curated by her pretty movers, those delicate hands and lips.

her.

his beautiful painter girl, his sweet. she was unreal, a figment of his imagination created and morphed into the most surreal human form. she was everything he wasn't, the perfect pairing that filled in each gaping scar in his heart to make it whole.

all he ever wanted was her. and now that he has her, he never wanted to let her go.

he didn't plan on ever doing so either.

it sounds unbelievably dramatic, and trust the idea that he knew he sounded utterly lovesick each time he got to talking about her. but it was true. she was intoxicating, poisonous to his capability to stay sane.

which is probably why the tabs on his computer keep growing, stacking on top of each other with images and ideals of everything they could be.

correction.

everything they would be.

however, even with all the sudden and vivid possibilities of what him and his sweet would be, the one thing that clouded mike's mind the most was the how of everything. how would he grasp the world he wished to build for his future?

everything was in reach, swaying just above his head like the prettiest glittering chandelier, taunting him until he felt like he was going to go cross eyed. yet the steps in front of him seemed to blend together, becoming the perfect illusion of a slated uphill incline.

but he knew it wouldn't be that easy, nothing ever was. life was too complicated to ever think things would just fall into his lap... even when his mind tried to convince him that things would.

the universe wasn't that kind. he had been learning that a lot lately.

the writer glanced at his phone, smiling as a string of messages started to flood his lock screen. he'd always found el's way of texting quite enduring, with her small little typos here and there, the lack of punctuation and the idea that she simply could not formulate all her thoughts in just one message.

for a writer, he sure loved the amount of chaos her messages held.

yet today, each stinging message seemed make his thoughts in his head grow heavier, his heart twisting in a way that he couldn't exactly explain. maybe it was the way she sounded so unsure, the hesitation in each of her printed letters that made him feel like maybe for the first time... they were both at a loss at what the next logical step should be.