CHAPTER TWO

YN'S POV

Bethany and I were in her room playing the ukuleles but then I looked out her window and saw her parents surfing. We speed walked out her room into the kitchen to hear Noah "Come on." "Nice technique is that how the professionals do it." Timmy asked as Noah was attempting to fix his camera. "Hey where are y'all going." Timmy asked with a full mouth of a spam sandwich. "To watch the competition." I said then Beth grabbed a dry erase bored Noah and I grabbed a pen and notepad and ran outside and sat on the beach. I sat next to Noah and Bethany she sat next to Timmy we watched Cheri and Tom surf. Cheri was doing a move then she wiped out and her bored hit Tom causing him to fall also. We all laughed and owed. Then Cheri then got back up caught a wave. Noah gave her 7 Bethany 5.25 Timmy gave her a 6 just then Tom caught the next wave me and Noah gave him a 8 Beth gave him a 10 and Timmy and I gave him a 9. "What they gave me a 5." Cheri said and Tom laughed "Haha read it and weep." Tom said "I'm not the one whose going to be weeping." She said and started paddling back to shore. "A five, a five." She yelled and threw sand at us Noah got in front of me and picked me up and threw me over his shoulder "Noah put me down now." I laughed the he tickled me then we all ran inside and he threw me on the couch and then laid down on my pelvis and started rubbing his hands up and down my thighs and at that moment I knew that I wasn't moving for a while and every one started laughing at us so I decided to take nap underneath him.

    THE NEXT DAY

"Welcome  to the Maui Jim Turtle Bay Resort Invitational surfing competition. We're expecting a great competition today. We got skateboarding on a half pipe we got all the action in the water." The announcer said. Then me Alana and Bethany all went up to the half pipe to talk to one of our friends Keoki. "Hey, howzit" he said to us "Hey Keoki" "Hey " "Hey" we all said at the same time. "Hey if y'all get tired waiting for the waves out there today you guys can come kick it with us we don't have to wait for the action."he said all cocky "Well when you get tired of the half pipe, come surf some real waves." Bethany and I said at the same time ""It's creepy how y'all do that" Alana said." "Hey Thursday night is a full moon if you guys aren't doing anything that night so we were wondering if y'all wanted to come surf with us." Keoki asked Bethany " Yeah, if we don't have anything better to do that night." Beth said to Keoki. "Alright see you guys there."Keoki said "Alright bye." "Bye bye." "bye."  "in semi-final heat number one we've got seven competitors. In orange, is Olivia Jenner, in black Malina Birch, in blue Bethany Hamilton, in yellow Kaila Kahani, in white leilani Gryde, in red Yn Yln "Your last name" and in pink Alana Blanchard."The announcer said into his microphone. "And it looks like local grooms have tracked down Hawaiian surfing legend Ben Aipa"The announcer said agin "Yeah Ben."Holt Alana' dad said. Back to the water. "Wow did did see that really sick air Keoki just got it was amazing?" Alana said to amazed. "I don't think so." Beth said "Your not going to distract me. I'm catching that next wave." I said to them before paddling away towards the wave I caught the first wave of the heet. 'Back to shore with the Hamiltons and Blanchards your parents are one business trip but are watching you on tv' "I don't think they know hot to not compete." Holt said to the family's "I hope you didn't tell them right?" Cheri asked "No I didn't want to make them more nervous then they already are." He said back to Cheri "I'm nervous enough for the three of them they all have to place in this competition. You know."Back to the water "Black Malina Birch you're in first, red Yn Yln you're in second with a 4.2 to over take top spot, Alana you're in third requiring a 5.2 to take first place, and blue Bethany Hamilton you're in fourth needing a 6.2 to take first. Just a reminder the the top four to place will qualify for the Hawaiian Island Regionals." The announcer said into his microphone loudly so all of us heard on the ocean. "Looks like we have a paddle battle between red and black." The announcer said agin "GO YN, GO!!" I heard the Hamilton's and the Blanchard's cheering for me "It's red and black scratching for for a solid set wave \. Malina Birch taking the the inside off of Yn Yln. Here she is ladies and gentlemen Malina Birch up and riding kicks things off with a solid curve off the top she really know what the judges are looking for today. That was a solid wave for black" the horn blew and all the surfers paddled back to shore and me and Beth walked up to her dad and Alana walked up to her dad. "Malina full on stole my wave I had position ." I said to Tom upset "Yea."Beth agreed. "Ok so next time I want y'all to really focus and I mean really on just diving into the water as far as y'all can and rip that paddle back ok?" "Ok." Bethany and I said in unison. "Alright take a rest. Y'all thirsty?" Yeah we said in unison agin.

Beth Tom and I walked over to the rest of the Hamilton's on the beach Noah was sitting filming the competition with his camera and he handed us a water and pull me into his lap I blushed a little bit but he was really warm and cozy just then the horn blew and we all ran back into the water. With five minutes left remaining in this heet it looks like the water has calmed down it looks like the competition is already over wait Yn see's something and so does Malina. It looks like another paddle battle between red and black Yn Yln to the inside on Malina Birch." "Yeah Yn." Tom said. "Big snap off the lip she draws it out on the second bottom turn she is really holding nothing back potentially one the highest rides today. As the ride comes to a end at Turtle Bay." I dive off my bored "Yes that's what I'm talking about" I heard Tom yell "You're doing a really good job training them brother Tom."Ben said "Thanks Ben." Tom said back to Ben "you got it bro. Looks like they have a real future as pros" "They have been working so hard for this." "well with there heart and will they will go say far," "Red Yn Yln you are in first, blue Bethany Hamilton you are in second, pink Alana Blanchard you are in third, and Malina Birch you are in fourth. The announcer said as he gave us our trophies. I pulled Bethany and Alana up onto the first place Podium with me like we always do when one of us wins the competition I tried to pull Malina up on the podium with us but she rolled her eyes and walked away. "Way to go Yn ."someone yelled Bethany's family hugged me and Bethany and Alana's family hugged her "Girls there's  some people you might wanna meet"Cheri said "Who"the three of us said at the same time  "The people from Rip Curl its no big deal or anything."Holt said "They want to sponsor the three of you." Tom said "No way." "O.m.g" "What"