A gathering between classes

Start from the beginning

He doesn't push more. My reasons are sound. If I had to get out of a bind, then sure, but there is no point in saying how I did it, especially to a sneaky one like Hashimoto, not even counting the fact that everyone else will hear it then. 

"Yeah, I guess. I've picked out the clothes and accessories and stuff I want to get. But is it really okay to use all the points like that? Isn't it better to save some?"

"You can hold yourself back?" I asked, teasing her a little.

 She puffed out her cheeks and glared at me.

Cute. 

"Well, it's not that simple. When I have points, they seem to last less than a week," she muttered.

Karuizawa mimed counting all the things she wanted on her fingers. She was out of fingers in no time. Just how many things did she plan to get anyway?

"But, like, even I know how important private points are. The school system's really weird, right? You get, like, this ridiculously huge amount of points during special exams and stuff. Everyone else is wondering about that, too," she observed.

The regular student body was finally starting to suspect that something was up, apparently. I supposed that was natural. If you suddenly received a large sum of money, you'd question the school's motives. You'd consider the possibility that private points weren't just meant for use on one's private desires.

"That's true. Some students might get as many as 1,000,000 or2,000,000 points," I said.

"Yeah. Is it really okay to give high schoolers that much money? It's definitely not normal."

"What's with the looks? I'm not an idiot." Kei says, rather put off with some students' reactions. 

With how she defended me, some already know that she is not the airhead she portrays herself to be, but the image she put out from the start of school is very hard to get through. It took the class a lot to see me differently, so time is needed for people to understand that like everyone else, Karuiwaza Kei is not exactly what she shows herself to be.

The points were sort of necessary for us to "survive" at school, which was probably why Karuizawa was unsure how best to use them. For example, if you made a blunder that could result in your expulsion, you could make the problem go away with enough private points. Having a few million points on hand as insurance probably was a good idea.

"There's no reason to think about it too much. Looking too far ahead can drive you insane. If you retain ten to twenty percent of your monthly points, that should be enough," I said.

You had to maintain a balance between your wants and needs. For Karuizawa, who'd always been a shopaholic, curbing her desires was hard. Besides, if a former spendthrift suddenly became miserly, students in our class might get suspicious. I didn't want anyone to connect her change in circumstances to me.

"So you specifically did not help me because it might make people think it was you that did so?" Kei grumbles. "It does make sense with your character, I guess." before I can say anything she grumbles to herself again.

While it certainly was mean, I needed Kei to be her gyaru self and, no one knew about me, so I wanted to keep it that way. Now though. 

"We can work on that now. Lumping points is important, so try to put away a decent amount of them every month, okay?"

She nods. I wish I could do the same, but I have this pesky contract. It was a decent idea at the time, but it will take of itself after this is over. The damage to the class will be immense, but that is for Horikita and Yosuke to take care of.