Part 7. The Aftermath

Me and Mavis have yet to talk to her Father about sharing a room, he's been very over protective of her even though he has trust in both of us, he was even a bit on the edge about us living in the rooms beside each other.

I woke up to the sound of my door opening slowly, and the only reason I heard this is because all of the doors in the Hotel are installed with old hinges to make them creak on purpose, which can tend to get annoying.

As I pulled myself out of bed, I noticed that no one actually went through the now opened door, I went to glance through it and then jumped when I heard the sound of my balcony door bursting open. I could smell it before I could see it... it was a very thoughtful breakfast prepared by a very tired looking vampire.

I was still on a human sleep schedule, I had to so then I could help the government with discussing about monsters, I was a small part to it of course because they currently had teams of people looking into seeing if we could live with monsters and so far so good by the looks of it! But I can only contact them in the mornings here in Transylvania, and due to that Mavis has been trying to get a human sleep schedule, it's a sweet thing to do but it seems to be hard living by a sleep pattern for 118 years and then trying to change it one day.

"Aw, did you make me breakfast?" I asked Mavis as I closed the window and pulled down the curtains as I saw the sky begin to glow a deep orange as the sun rised from the hill.

"Yeeep, I used the book that Uncle Frank bought me from the town. The recipes are odd but I tried my best" She managed to yawn out as she placed the plate in my hands, on said plate was a very chunky mash potato pile and a slice of toast that was so burnt that it could probably fall apart in my hand before it reached my mouth.

"Thank you babe, but I might need to teach you how to cook myself, not saying you're bad at it, just need a little improvement" I replied as I took a spoonful of the mash, it still tasted nice. Mavis just nodded with a smile as she hugged me, slowly becoming heavier as I realized she fell asleep on me.

I slowly placed my plate into the hands of the knight staff, who immediately walked off with it. I then picked Mavis up into a princess carry and brought her into her room next door, putting her into bed as she snuggled into the sheets. She looks so happy sleeping.

And as I left her room I was met with a very curious Dracula.

"Before you bite my head off, I was just putting her in her bed, she made me breakfast and fell asleep on me" I explained, he calmed down a bit and flew down the halls.

"Alright, time to get to work" I told myself as I grabbed the book from my room, which currently had a whole bunch of different questions to ask each breed of monster, just some basic stuff to know what work places that monsters could work in and what kind of services they might need, such as vampires needing large amounts of fake blood to drink and them getting gas from garlic.

I went through a few monsters, getting the help of Murray, who apparently only ever sleeps like every 500 years, to translate some of the monsters for me to send off.

The sound of a car pulling up gained my attention, and so I went outside to the outpost that the government had set up to do some physical tests on the monsters, nothing like cutting them open, unless they were able to do so with the agreement of said monster.

I walked over to the car and saw that they were carrying supplies, such as materials for a generator, water filtration systems and stuff to help grow more plants in the hotel garden that aren't the size of humans or something that could rip off your arm.

After helping the volunteering staff get the supplies to the hotel staff, I decided to hand in my research to the outpost for them to send off, mainly because I have a big day planned for Mavis, convincing her Father to let us merge the rooms.