Grim, ferocious and dark

Start from the beginning

"Word from Riverrun and Winterfell." He said and, as Robb stiffened a little, Dahlia sighed.

Apparently he had been right about worrying for the contents of the letters, after all.

***

Once again, Dahlia was grateful for Jeyne's presence there. With all of the preparations being done for their ride on the morrow, Robb had been busy since the morning and all through supper, so Dahlia had spent her afternoon with Jeyne instead, in her chambers as they did everything they could to distract one another.

Eventually, one of the soldiers had been sent by Robb with two pots of stew for the women and some pieces of bread and, after taking the food inside the chamber with her, Jeyne looked out the window beside her and gasped.

"It's almost night already." She commented, as Dahlia nodded, calling Jeyne over so the two of them were sitting in her bed once more.

"We should eat soon, Jeyne." Dahlia said. "The stew will grow cold and we need a good night's rest tonight. We should be leaving at first light."

"We're leaving Harrenhal, your Grace?" Jeyne asked, taking one of the pots of stew as she started to eat it.

"Yes." Dahlia nodded. "And, please Jeyne... Just Dahlia is fine."

Jeyne hesitated for a moment again, as it usually happened whenever Dahlia asked her to call her by first name and not by her titles. Still, she nodded.

"Of course. Forgive me, your- I mean... Dahlia." She blushed a little when Dahlia chuckled.

"It is no problem, I just... We are meant to be friends, are we not?" She asked, as Jeyne nodded. "Then, if that's the case, I don't see why it would be necessary for you to address me by my title in our privacy."

"Of course." Jeyne nodded again. "It might take some getting used to, but I will try, your- Dahlia."

"Good." Dahlia nodded then. "Thank you so much, dear."

Jeyne nodded again, taking a sip of her stew before placing the bowl down on her lap once more.

"This is our last night here, Dahlia?" She asked, as Dahlia smiled and nodded.

"Yes." She said. "We'll be riding out tomorrow."

"Where to?"

"Back to Riverrun."

"Riverrun?" Jeyne frowned. "That's North. I thought His Grace wanted to ride South again to meet with the Lannisters."

"It is the plan, I suppose." Dahlia admitted even though she wasn't sure of what she was saying this time. "But word came from Riverrun. Lord Hoster Tully is dead."

"Lord Tully is dead?" Jeyne repeated, in shock. Dahlia nodded. "Gods be good. And now what?"

"Now his son, Lord Edmure, is the Lord of the Riverlands." She shrugged. "He was Lady Catelyn's Father however and the Tullys have been great help for Robb and our cause, so Robb wishes for us to pay our respects properly."

"An honorable decision from His Grace." Jeyne said. "How does the Lady Catelyn feel?"

"Not great, I suppose." Dahlia admitted, as she looked down at the half-eaten stew in her lap. "I... I haven't talked much to her since Robb made her a prisoner."

"Maybe you should." Jeyne said. "From what you told me about her, you seem to really admire her. And she seems to adore you just as much."

"She does?" Dahlia frowned as Jeyne just chuckled.