Infiltrating Marley

"Come on! With that speed, you'll be dead!" You shouted as you watched the recruits flying through the trees. You nodded your head to the girl standing beside you. She lifted off the ground and headed into the trees. You stood straight, your hands behind your back as you watched proudly.

"They seem to be in a lot better shape." Levi's voice came from behind you as he snuck up on you. "Yeah, well they've working hard." You turned around and gave Levi a smile. He had his usual straight face as he looked up at you. "They better be." Levi raised his eyebrows as he watched the recruits land back on the ground after coming out of the forest.

"Was there something you needed Captain Levi?" He turned back to you and pursed his lips. "Just checking on your work. I know a certain someone can be a bit... distracting." Levi pointed over to Jean and Armin, who were testing out the new ODM gear.

You let out a chuckle and shook your head. "Don't worry. I put all my attention on my duties." Levi nodded and slowly moved away from you, making his way towards Jean. You let out a heavy breath and relaxed as you turned back to the recruits. There were a lot of strong ones, but they still had a long way to go.

By the time the Scouts invaded Marley, they needed to be a lot stronger.

"I heard they're building new buildings for the branches." Sasha swung her legs as they hung over the bottom of her bed. "Yeah, hopefully we get a new place and not this shitty log house." You knocked on the wooden windowsill and Sasha nodded her head.

"Are you excited for Marley? You never really said anything..." Sasha looked over to you and stopped dangling her legs. "I don't know. It's for a mission so that's all I'm focused on. I'll try and enjoy it." You leaned back on the bed, your head resting on your pillow.

You eyes trailed over to the drawing of you by Jean and the box from your father. "Who knew we'd make it this far, right?" You scoffed as you closed your eyes. In your head you imagined your father, his arms opened as you said goodbye to him. The last time you had seen him.

You could feel a tear drip down from your closed eyes as your mind went from him to Jean. No matter what, you just had to make it through till the end with him.

You leaned over the railing of the boat, watching as the buildings got closer. "That's Marley?" You turned to Connie as he too, had his eyes on the city. "I guess so." He gave you a slight frown as he stepped back from the railing. "We will be the first people from inside the walls to step foot in another city." You looked back at everyone as the boat came to a stop.

"Let the survey begin." Hange said as they stepped towards the space in the railing as the incline lowered to meet the pier. You followed Hange and Levi down the incline and stepped onto the pier. "Stay close to me." Jean whispered in your ear as he grabbed onto your hand and gripped it tightly.

"I'm not a kid, Jean." You giggled as you gave him a peck on the cheek. The weather was nice and cool, which went greatly with your corduroy pants and your buttoned shirt. "Welcome to the continent of Marley." You heard a voice and turned to see Onyankopon taking off his hat to greet you.

"Let me take you to Miss Azumabito's Estate." Onyankopon led you guys into the city. You looked in awe at all the buildings and the people crowding the streets. "What the hell is that?!" You pointed to the metal machine moving down the street. "That's no cow, that's for sure." Connie looked at the machine as it moved past you.

"This place is so weird." You hugged Jean's arm as you guys walked down the pier. "What's this?" You heard Sasha say and you turned around to see her standing at a stand, handing a man some money. "You guys need to try this!" She shouted as she waved the object in her hand. Jean pulled you over, grabbing two of the food from the vendor.