Intimacy

A/n: as much as I love my lemons and sexual inntnmacy. Sometimes non sexual intimacy hits different.

Trust was important to L. After a life of hardships and many trust issues, he became distant with people. And out of nowhere you swooped in and slowly but surely broke down his walls finally giving him someone he could trust completely. So moments like this, ones where there was complete trust, no judgment and all love were important to him.

It was a small gesture, offering to wash his hair after a long stressful day. But the comfort that came from being under the hot water of the shower while you gently rubbed the conditioner into his hair was immeasurable. He felt like he could finally relax, let his guard down. The tenseness slowly leaving his body.

"I love your hair you know? It's so soft and fluffy. You have nice thick hair and pretty waves, makes you look almost doll like" you said, getting every last section of his hair covered with the conditioner.

"It was a mess before you came along" he replied.

"That's because you weren't using the correct products and methods for your hair type. No coincidence that as soon as I came long your waves went from matted to flowing"

"I don't know what I'd do without you. I'm a mess without you"

You pulled him under the water to rinse the conditioner out, the soapy water running down his tired body.

"And I'd be such a lonely, sad loser without you" you replied.

He sighed, shaking the last of the conditioner from his hair. Running his hands though it to make sure it was all out, it was smooth and silky to the touch now. He made a mental note to get his fringe trimmed before he ends up looking like a otome game MC. Taking your arms and pulling you closer under the water he wrapped his arms around you.

Returning the hug, you stood skin to skin letting the hot water wash your troubles away.

"I love you" he said.

"I love you too" you replied.

"I love taking showers with you, it feels like entering another realm where everything is warm and safe"

Gently running your fingers along his back, you felt the last of his tenseness leave his body as he leaned on you.

"You deserve a break. You overwork yourself too much" you replied.

"I know. I need to stop that"

You were glad you ended up someone L could trust. He was a misunderstood person, only ever viewed as weird or robotic. But like anyone he had feelings, though he wasn't always good at communicating them and was carrying half the worlds justice system on his shoulders every day. The moments you appreciated L the most was ones like these, when he's open and human, completely trusting and loving.

You often found yourself gently playing with his hair when he fell asleep before you did, which was rare. Just small things like that reflected the trust and intimacy he had for you. He'd never let someone else do that.

Placing a kiss on his forehead, he smiled. Only to return the kiss with one on your cheek.

The water was warm, he was warm, neither of you wanted to get out. But it was late. You had to. Reluctantly turning the water off, you stepped out and wrapped up in towels. Once your pyjamas had been pulled on, you had L sit at your vanity so you could dry his hair properly. He always complained about it frizzing when he dried it, but you knew ways around it.

Wearing only fluffy pyjama pants and slippers, he watched in the mirror as you gently rubbed his hair dry with some towel you claimed was better for his hair. He didn't understand it, but it did keep it from puffing up like a ghibli character when they get mad.

On the vanity in front of him sat all your jewellery, makeup, perfumes and such. And of course, that one corner of stuff you'd gotten for him. All the correct hair products, stuff for his sensitive skin, and a dish of the jewellery you'd gotten him for presents. Matching rings and necklaces with you.

He found looking at himself in the mirror for too long distressing. Either he'd disassociate or find something about himself he didn't like. He wasn't a stranger to scars, having gained quite the collection on his skin from years of trauma. He never liked them until you said they were pretty.

Something about you thinking they looked fine made him grow to tolerate them. Hair dried, you reached for a bottle of aloe Vera.

"Try wearing sunscreen next time you challenge Light to a tennis battle. Your neck is all burnt" you said.

"I forgot, that's why my neck suddenly hurts..." he replied.

You rubbed the cool gel onto the burned area on the back of his neck. He got the same comforted feeling he had when you were washing his hair. Like he was ascending into a realm of comfort. Even though the burn stung a bit.

"Ow-" he complained.

"Sorry, you have to be more careful" you replied.

With that, it was time for bed. Leaving the bathroom behind, you both crawled into bed under the warmth of a weighted blanket. Another thing you'd suggested for L. And again you were right, it did help him sleep.

Not as much as sleeping next to you though. He compared it to the likeness of the 40% deduction increase when he sat curled up. If you were beside him as he slept, his hours of sleep would increase, and the likelihood of nightmares went down.

He snuggled up to you, burying himself in the blankets and your arms.

"Thank you" he muttered.

"You're welcome. Only the best for my darling after a long day" you replied.

"I'm so exhausted"

"I bet you would be. Try and get some decent sleep tonight ok?"

"As long as you don't let me go, I'll get the best sleep I can possibly have"

With a kiss on the lips goodnight and the bedside lamp being turned off, he finally felt at ease. Pressed up against your body under the warm blankets as you played with his hair, all the stress and exhaustion washed away. He felt loved, he felt comforted, he felt clam. His colourful mind finally quiet and switching off for once in his damn life.

It was moments like these that reminded him he was ok, and deserving of love just like everyone else. It was euphoria.

And in that euphoria, in your arms he finally fell asleep for the first time in weeks. And he fell asleep with a smile.