19. Chances & Confusions

Start from the beginning

She knew, this time it was not ASR. It was Arnav, who somewhere loved her. Maybe or maybe not. She don't know. She don't know to trust him or not.
He was the man who brought her nothing but misery. He messed up with her feelings first in a good way ofcourse and then crushed them. 

“I don't trust you.” She finally whispered, looking in his eyes.

He slowly slid down from the car lid and stood very close to her. Closeness between them, made her lower her eyes.

“Khushi… I promise you won't regret. And even if after giving me the chance you think that I am not good enough, you can tell me. I will walk away, not bothering you.” She instantly looked up and her eyes clashed with his.

She didn't like the thought of him not bothering her. 

“Fine…. I will give you a chance.” A wide grin spread out on his face. Shine of his eyes was back.

“But you better be at your best behavior!” He nodded and hugged her immediately. She stiffened but hugged him back lightly after a minute. 

“So… Ms. Khushi Kumari Gupta, will you be my girlfriend?” He asked pulling away from the hug.

She laughed.

She never liked the idea of dating but maybe it won't be a bad idea with him. Afterall, he is the man she loved, love and will love.

“I will be!”
__________________

After their heated argument, Akash hasn't approached her. It has been fifteen days and he didn't bothered her for once. Though the bouquet of roses with the note, asking for forgiveness and expressing his love, hasn't stopped. They are constant. Even Payal's few colleagues think that she have a secret admirer. Though she have been stubborn and showed that she didn't like receiving roses and notes, she secretly collected every chit he wrote to her. 

“Payal… Sir has asked you to collect files from his cabin and submit those in HR department.” Rajeev informed her as he passed by her cubicle.

“I am not a peon! Why don't you do that?” She spoke annoyed.

“I have something urgent coming up! Do remember to submit those!” He spoke, while walking away.

“Idiot!” She muttered and stood up to complete this so-called time worthy work.

She knocked the door but not getting any reply, she peeked in. Not finding Akash there, she took a deep breath and walked in.

“Anyone could have done this work…. Why me..?” She couldn't help but think.

She went near the bookshelf and pulled out those particular files. Suddenly, rose fell down as she tried to stable herself with the pile of files in her hands.

‘Why is he so obsessed with roses nowadays? Even I don't like them that much….’ She thought.

Handling files in her hand, she crouched down and picked up the flower. A note was attached to it. She frowned. 

‘God! Not again! That's why he wanted me to take these files to the HR department…’

She stood up straight and keeping the pile of files on the table, she unfolded the chit.

See you at eight tonight…

‘Now what does he mean by that? I won't be waiting for him till eight in the office.’

Deciding to complete her overloaded work in the office timings itself, she walked out of his cabin.
__________________

“Alok please!!”