Had they been right all along? Was her quirk really so dangerous and abnormal that it posed a threat to everyone? Were they right to fear her quirk and try to rid her of it through all those experimentations?

The conversation Katsumi had with Dabi months ago popped into her mind. 

A chill ran down her spine.

Was she not supposed to end up a hero?

Was her quirk so suited for violence that it would make her a villain?

Before Katsumi could completely lose herself in her downward spiral, the door to her hospital room opened.

Her head snapped over, ignoring all the pain as she stared wide-eyed at Aizawa. Katsumi could see the relieved look in his eyes upon seeing her awake, and Aizawa let out a small sigh as he walked over to her.

"I'm so glad you're finally awake."

"Finally?" Katsumi croaked.

A frown came to Aizawa's face. "You were out for two days. Those injuries were worse than we thought."

A sinking feeling filled Katsumi's stomach and she gave Aizawa a desperate look. "Katsuki. Where is he? Is he okay?"

"Katsumi," Aizawa seemed hesitant. "You shouldn't be worrying about him right now."

"Where is he?!" Katsumi demanded, her desperation growing. The thoughts inside her mind were growing wilder with each passing second, and the idea of him blaming himself for her injuries pained her heart more than she could bear.

Aizawa softly put a hand on her shoulder. "You don't need to worry about him right now. You need to worry about yourself."

"What do you mean?"

"Katsumi, yo-"

"Katsumi!"

The familiar, childish voice rang in Katsumi's ears and her owl eyes looked past Aizawa. Eri spotted Katsumi and took off in a run towards her hospital bed, jumping into Katsumi's arms without a second thought.

Katsumi winced at the impact, but said nothing of it as Eri's small arms wrapped around Katsumi's waist.

"Eri," Aizawa lightly scolded. "You need to be careful. I thought you were going to wait outside with Mirio?"

"I heard her voice," Eri murmured. "I wanted to see for myself that she was awake."

Katsumi hugged Eri, struggling to regain her composure. She didn't want Eri of all people to see what a mess she was.

Eri's red eyes shone up at Katsumi, glossy with her own worried tears. "Mr. Aizawa said you were hurt by the people who had hurt you before. Are you okay?"

Katsumi forced a small smile to her face, putting a bandaged hand on Eri's head. "Don't worry, Eri, I'm..."

Katsumi's voice cracked and she paused. Eri stared at her expectantly, and Katsumi's lip wobbled as she forced out the weakest smile she could manage.

"I'll be okay."

Whether it was true or not, Katsumi didn't know. But she prayed somehow that saying those words would somehow manifest it to become true.

"Eri, I need to speak with her and then she needs to rest," Aizawa gently guided Eri back down, off the hospital bed. "You'll be able to talk with her again soon, after she heals."

Eri nodded to Aizawa before she looked at Katsumi. "I love you, Katsumi."

Katsumi gripped the bedsheets beneath her as tightly as she could in order to keep the last shred of her self-control. "I love you too, Eri. I'll talk to you soon."