"Kuroo apologise now..." Fuku said. Tiph and I just stood there panicking.

Kuroo murmured a sorry. Kenma left him alone.

"Guys, I know there are some serious concerns and conflict between you two. I understand both of you going through some kind of pain. But we have lied to everyone that you both have decided to work out things together. Please for the sake of the team, your friends, for everyone, for everyone in the country who loves volleyball, for HER. Please..." Fuku explained. He looked at me. I see Kenma nodding softly, realising his mistakes and backing away. Kuroo followed along.

"anyway, Im ready to pour the finances need. I just need the venue." Kenma spoke.

"The cheaper the better.." Kuroo spoke.

"Don't worry about the finances. Just decide the venue." Kenma added, irking Kuroo.

"Okay, well. We have decided Nekoma." I say. Kuroo and Kenma looked shocked.

"out of every other spot?" Kenma asks.

"You didn't ask me first." Kuroo alarmed me. I jumped a little.

"We were afraid you will say no." Fuku added. We looked at Tiph for a logistical explanation.

"Hiring actual hotel cafes, or cafeteria would mean tons of contracts and extra delay. Nekoma is closer to the actual stadiums and in main Tokyo. You guys are alumni. I am sure if you guys talk to the school authorities, they will allow us to use the cafeteria and kitchen to cook and distribute the meals. " Tiph explained. Everyone nodding to understand the plan.

"I see. Good idea because I own few shares for Nekoma. But, what made you guys change the plans last minute?" Kenma asked.

We all stumbled to answer. But I explained things later. Then, finally, I owned up to my mistakes.

Kuroo later explained Zeldian's sketchy behaviour to Kenma. Kenma almost forgot he had a conflict with Kuroo. Kenma shared the same frustration as Kuroo and the rest of us.

As Kuroo explained, he looked at me with a euphoric face.

"Y/n I'm worried about you and Ushijima." Kuroo spoke. I gulp a little.

"Please tell me you did not make your relationship public. It might have serious consequences on you and Ushijima both. Professionally and personally." Kuroo said. I felt little sobs inside me.

I explained the incident where Ushijima said I was with him in front of Zeldians. After that, Kuroo sat down in distress.

"I am sorry Y/n. But you already know what I'm trying to say. And importantly what I am trying to ask from you. I am so sorry y/n." Kuroo reveals.

"I promise I will explain everything to Ushijima after tournament is over.." Kuroo added. I see slight frown faces amongst Fuku, Tiph and Kenma.

I nodded, drawing my lips in. The same lips that touched Ushijima's presence. The same lips that he embraced to make me feel loved once again. I had to give him away to keep him intact to his first love, Volleyball. I want to him win the tournament rather than me winning him over. 

"I'll talk to him."

We quickly finish the discussion about the logistics. After that, I agreed to immediately generate the reports and submit them to Kuroo by tomorrow. 

I come inside the living room where people were at. Kuroo and Kenma pretended to talk, but it was short-lived. Kenma decided to leave immediately. Kuroo put on a fake smile to keep everything calm. Everyone cheered a little celebrating the "fake story" we narrated. 

I stood there alone, facing this empty garden lot.  Outside.

Ushijima voice suddenly came from behind. I jumped.

"Y/n. You okay?" He asks.

I gulp. 

I stumble to answer. "Ye-Yes..." I say. Ushijima's face is disagreement. I cannot let him know. He will be more worried for me. 

"Is everything okay?" He asks. I nod.

"Kenma and Kuroo, you were with them.." He says.

"Oh yeah, Kenma decided to invest on the association and he needed to talk to the official staff that were responsible for maintaining the health of the team etc." I reply quickly. I was avoiding his gaze.

"Anything else troubling you? Please be honest to me Y/n," He says. My heart breaks. I wish I could. I knew he wanted to say that he knew I was hiding something, but he made the statement kinder for me.

"I don't know...Wakatoshi..." I say. His face was severe, in doubt. 

I see Kuroo, Kenma and Fuku with Tiph waiting for me. They looked worried for me. I knew I couldn't utter a word about this issue. I know how he feels about the Zeldian team. He will be more distracted. My conscience spoke that after Ushijima made the public call that I was with him. I knew the Zeldians would target me in one way or the other. 

I am sorry, Ushijima...

"I know I looked cheerful few minutes ago but now I am feeling differently about you after the kiss." I say.  still distracted. I see Ushijima's face drop.

"I am not ready to be with you. I-" I tried to speak. Little sobs came out. I was so stressed. I loved him. I love you, Wakatoshi.

He quickly pulled me into a hug. I tried hard not to break down. 

"I want to focus on the job." My voice muffles. The rain and thunder followed along as I spoke. Rain droplets dripped on both of us. His large body still kept me dry as he drenched. 

"Its okay. Dont need to explain yourself. Forgive me, if I brought you distress." Ushijima spoke seriously. His voice was deep and concerned. I heard a little heartbreak inside both of us.

I tried hard not to hug him.

"Wakatoshi," I say.

"Just few more minutes." He kept hugging me. I cried inside. 

He softly backed away after 2 minutes. 

I tried to call his name but he never looked back. Simply walked away. 

Finally letting the rain hit me, unprotected. 

(kuroo  x reader fanfic in process. "her" is y/n in that fanfic. ALso don't kill me for this chapter.)

FIRST CHAPTER FOR KUROO X READER IS POSTED. LES GOOOOO = GO TO MY PROFILE. ITS CALLED SUPERSTITIONS :D