"Once again, I think I'll pass," Liv frowned. "Thank you for the offer. Just don't forget to text and call me literally every day."

"I won't!" Luna grinned. "Oh! Are you—"

"Hey..." Jordan approached them hesitantly, stuffing his hands in his pocket. "Olivia, can I talk to Luna...alone?"

Olivia crossed her arms, raising an eyebrow up at him. "Only if it's okay with her. Luna?"

"No," she shook her head. "I don't think we have much to talk about, Jordan."

"Fine," Jordan sighed.

"But!" she quickly stopped him from leaving. "Before you leave, this is for you."

Jordan grabbed the small gift box from her hand, fiddling with the ribbon that was tied neatly around it and smiled softly. "What is it?"

"It's highlight reel of your football career that I put together," Luna confessed. "It was supposed to be a part of your birthday gift, but I couldn't finish it on time. Then we broke up...and I found the footage on my laptop and decided to finish it last night."

"Luna..." Jordan's eyes softened at her. "I don't know how to thank you for this. This is the nicest thing anyone's ever done for me."

"You don't have to thank me Jordan," Luna turned her head to the side, looking at the space where Liv was once standing with confusion filling her face. "Where did Liv go?"

"She left when you were explaining this." Jordan held up the USB.

"Oh," Luna pouted. "Enjoy the video. I have to go."

♡♡♡

Luna folded her last bathing suit into her suitcase and let out a sigh, glancing at her room that looked as if it had been hit by a hurricane due to the all the clothes that were strewn all over. She began making trips up and down her staircase bringing her bags to the front door so they would be ready to put into the car tomorrow morning.

Once Luna was finished bringing all of her bags by the front door, she settled into the living room, officially deciding on opting out of the team gala that was happening that same night. She had kept an open mind about the whole gala especially since Liv was bothering her about the event but she couldn't bring herself to go.

Before she could get too comfortable on the couch, there was a knock on the front door, startling her since she was home alone, she stood back to her feet and retreated to the front door, her heart racing once she saw Jordan on the doorstep in a suit.

"Jordan."

"You weren't at the party," Jordan threw his hands up. "And Luna Ramirez does not miss a party."

"I wasn't in the mood for the team gala," she sighed. "Do you want to come in?"

Jordan nodded as she opened the door wider and he followed after her, taking note of all the suitcases by the front door. "Where are your parents?"

"Mom's at work," she answered. "Peter had some business things to handle before we leave."

"Makes sense," he sighed.

It was silent between the two as they sat side by side on the couch, awkwardly stealing glances at each other.

"What are you really doing here, Jordan?"

"I...I guess I just wanted to thank you," Jordan confessed. "For the highlight reel. It meant a lot."

"Like I said earlier," she shook her head. "You don't have thank me. It was...nothing."

"Did you hook up with Jake?" Jordan blurted out.

Luna bit down on her bottom lip, debating on whether or not to tell him the truth. But, as always she chose the wrong answer. "No."

He stared at her with curious eyes. "Can I ask why?"

"I couldn't go through with it," she rubbed her palms onto her exposed thighs. "It was a bad idea."

"I don't know why I asked you that," Jordan sighed. "You're single, it's none of my business."

Luna let out a breathy laugh. "Yeah, it's not."

"So, what are your plans for the summer?" he curiously asked. "I couldn't help but notice all of those suitcases by the door."

"Uh, we'll be traveling around Europe," she shrugged. "Me, mom, Peter, and Harold. Asher's gonna be with his mom and Jacob in mexico and my parents didn't want his dad to be alone so they invited him."

"Oh, that's nice of them," Jordan placed his arm around the couch. "So, you'll be gone the entire summer?"

"That's the plan," Luna grinned. "I think I need some time away from Beverly Hills."

"You mean me?" he raised his eyebrow.

"No, I don't," she giggled. "Because as much as I'd like to ignore your existence...I can't. You're Jordan Baker."

He tucked a strand of hair behind her ear and smiled softly. "...and you're Luna Ramirez."

She watched his eyes flicker downwards to her lips and sighed. "I don't think this is a good idea."

"Why not?" He stroked his thumb against her face.

"Because I don't think I'll be able to stop myself if you kiss me," she admitted.

Jordan leaned in closer to her, rubbing his nose against hers and softly brushed his lips against hers. "So, don't."

She shut her eyes and let out a few sounds of amusement at the feeling of his lips brushing against the corner of her mouth. "This doesn't magically fix anything or mean we're back together. You know that, right?"

"I just want to be with you for tonight," Jordan pleaded. "Before you run off to Europe, just let me be with you. For one last night. Please?"

Luna gently pushed him away and stood up from the couch, holding her hand out for him. Instead of placing his hand in her hold, Jordan had lifted her off of her feet and ran up the staircase with her in his arms and the estranged couple had spent their night in euphoric bliss.

✧✧✧

liked by simonehicks and 1140 more

jordanbaker 🌙

all comments on this post have been disabled.

2x16