I want flowers in my hair

Start from the beginning

"New hairstyle? It looks great!" Basil said.

"I look awful," Sunny replied. "Mind letting me borrow your comb?"

"Sure," Basil said. "But it's never bad to try out a new hair style!"

That gave Sunny a new idea or two. He wouldn't mind giving his hair a quick makeover.

Maybe these new ideas came from spending the day gardening, an activity he'd never enjoyed before; it might have been the key that opened the floodgates previously obstructing a torrent of interesting activities.

"You wanna...try styling my hair?" Sunny asked.

Basil was surprised but he smiled. "I...don't know if I'd be cut out for that..."

"It's okay; you don't have to if you don't wanna. I just thought it'd be interesting to try."

"...I like your hair just the way it is, Sunny."

"Okay..."

When I looked at myself in the mirror with the pink daisy in my hair today, I thought my hair was very pretty.

Maybe I want to change my hair to look a bit more like yours.

"You...have any more flowers?" Sunny asked. "The ones you wear in your hair?"

"O—Of course! Do you want to wear one?"

"Yeah."

Basil's glowing smile brought a wave of sweet feelings into Sunny's chest.

"If you meant you'd like to style your hair with flowers, I'd love to help!" Basil mentioned.

"Yeah, I meant that."

Sunny sat down on a chair as Basil turned the stove to a temporary low heat so the soup he was brewing could cook slowly while he went to his bedroom to get some styling supplies.

Basil came back with a hair dryer, amongst several other items. "First, let's make sure your hair's all dry."

"Right," Sunny said.

Hot air blew against Sunny's thick, black hair, sending strands flying in every direction. Basil's gentle fingers eased their way into his hair and steadily pressed those strands down to their normal resting position.

Sunny really enjoyed that feeling.

"Your hair is so pretty..." Basil commented.

"Your hair's prettier," Sunny replied, blushing. "It's very...fluffy."

"No way...my hair always sticks out behind me."

"I love that about your hair! I've...always wanted to kind of...touch it..."

Basil responded by providing for that temptation without any hesitation. Putting the hair dryer down on the side, he leaned his head close by Sunny's.

"...You really want me to touch your hair?" Sunny asked.

"You can feel my hair whenever you want, Sunny," Basil said, smiling.

Sunny satisfied his desire to drown in a sea of fluffiness by reaching out and touching a strand of Basil's golden hair. His fingers stroked the soft strand gently.

So...fluffy...

Faint pink bloomed across Basil's cheeks.

"It's as soft as a pillow," Sunny spoke, his eyes growing sleepy.

"Ah—ah...thank you..." Basil replied. "I always just liked having long hair...but no one's ever told me they liked my hair this way too..."

"How could anyone not like it?" Sunny said. "It feels...like what I imagine sleeping on a cloud would feel like..."