➪𝙁𝙊𝙐𝙍. 𝙤𝙪𝙩.

Start from the beginning

They continued down a hallway, until they reached Reki's room.

"Come on in if you like, sorry if my room's a bit messy. I just started assembling a new deck for my manager's client..." Reki trailed off, as they walked into his room.

Y/n had never seen so many things in a room before. Reki's room was spacious, and there was a large window that provided a pretty nice view. However, his walls were covered with skating posters, his floors covered with skating magazines and his desk had a bunch of different grip tape laid across.

"He must be super enthusiastic about skateboarding..."Y/n thought.

"Ah, here you go! I found it!" Reki handed over the (favourite colour) sketchbook to y/n.

"Thanks a lot, I appreciate it." Y/n said politely, before receiving the sketchbook with both hands.

"Hey Reki, do you want some cake?" The same feminine voice called out.

"No I'm good-"

"Oh Reki! I didn't even realize you brought over a guest here! Hi, I'm Mrs. Kyan!" Reki's mom smiled at y/n.

"Nice to meet you, I'm y/n." She greeted her back.

"Would you like a piece of cake?"

"No thank you, I was about to go home anyways. Thanks for offering!"

"It's no problem! Come and visit anytime!"

"Thank you!"

Mrs. Kyan walked out of Reki's room, and the red head boy that stood behind y/n let out a heavy sigh.

"Sorry about my mom, she likes nagging people sometimes..." Reki apologized.

"Oh no, it's quite alright! She was just being a welcoming host, that's all! Anyways, I need to get going, I'll be heading out now." Y/n said to him.

"Sure, I'll walk you out."

The two reached the front door, and y/n had put on their shoes, and they were about to leave.

"Well, I guess I'll see you at school tomorrow." Reki waved at y/n.

"Yeah... I guess I'll see you too..." Y/n replied in an awkward manner.

They began to walk away, but then a thought suddenly popped into their mind.

"Reki... are you free after school tomorrow?" Y/n asked.

"Yeah, why?"

"I wanted to draw you again."

—— Y/n was unexpectedly surprised at themself

—— Y/n was unexpectedly surprised at themself. They would never think of making a friend right away when they went to a new school.

Not only that, but they had made plans with their new friend too!

And so, the next day came around really quickly, and y/n was looking forward to hang out with Reki.

"Well, it's not really a hang out since I'm just drawing him again..." Y/n thought.

Now that they thought about it, what did Reki really think about them?

Did he consider y/n as a friend?

"There I go, overthinking everything again..." Y/n sighed.

"Y/n! Sorry I was a few minutes late! I decided to stop by a convenience store to grab some snacks for the both of us!" Reki grinned at y/n widely.

At that moment, they could definitely feel their heart explode out of their chest.

"He got us food! How thoughtful of him!" They thought.

"It's alright, Reki. Why don't you just start skating for a bit so I can get started?" Y/n said to Reki.

"Sounds good!" He grinned back at them, as he started to skate around to warm up.

Y/n couldn't help but wonder how Reki managed to look so graceful, yet so cool at the same time. One moment he was gliding, the next he was in the air, his board rotating. Somehow, Reki never failed to land a jump.

They carefully sketched out the Reki's figure. Y/n decided to draw him in a pose where he was about to mount the board. They started sketching the head, the torso, and the limbs.

Watching Reki skateboard made them feel at peace.

The way he could just keep on moving on this board like it's an extended part of his body.

They continued sketching, this time working on the layout of the face, and a rough shape of his hair. Y/n occasionally looked back up to Reki for reference.

Every time they looked away, and turned back, they knew he'd still be there, skating.

He'd never abandon them right?
Reki wasn't like the others.

Or they were just out of their mind.