Chapter 1: Colors of the World

Chanhee's POV

Orange

Red

Blue

Yellow

Aqua

White

Gray

Brown

Pink

Violet

Green

Those are the colors that echoed inside my head and my mind for 4 years.

Why?

When I was a young teenager, the world was struck by a pandemic. A pandemic that only hit young ones like me. 90% of the children’s population here in our world died. And the ones who survived? They were feared by people. You wanna know why?

Coz we had a different side effect. If that’s their terminologies. We gained powers after that sickness attacked us.

I think we can fight the virus to let us stay alive but we can’t be the same like our old selves. Even our own parents feared us.

Oh you keep on asking me why I didn’t introduced myself first? Sorry, my bad. It’s just the first time ever I saw a person who isn’t afraid of me.

My name is Choi Chanhee. And I’m an Orange.

Please don’t be afraid of me. Coz I’m gonna tell you the whole story before this world has changed like this. I’m going to tell you on my perspective.

As the only Orange alive, I need to tell you everything.

4 years ago…

It’s already lunch time in our high school. I’m currently on 7th grade. “Hey Chanhee. Let’s go to the cafeteria!” my friend, Yoojun told me. As expected, we’re going to be loud again in this cafeteria and everyone will ask to set us away. But they can’t do it.

“Hey Chan. Can you grab me that milk box?” He asked me.

“Ow sure.” I grabbed the box and walked towards him. But you know, I’m clumsy that’s why I tripped.

But instead of the milk falling from the ground, I saw it floating. I widened my eyes as I saw Gunhee holding his hand up.

His eyes were blue, he held his hand up just like he is controlling the milk box.

I saw him shake his hand so hard as he continued to stare at the milk box in the air.

As he shook his hand, the carton also shakes. He closed his hand tightly as the milk box exploded in the air and he passed out.