28 : Date Not Found?

Start from the beginning

"Well, you don't know what'll happen." Gyuri shrugged. "She could change her mind in the last second."

"What good does that do?! If she changed her mind in the last second, she won't be my date!" I whined.

"If she doesn't want to be your date, then live with it, Na!" Gyuri scoffed. "I'll be serving drinks if you end up dateless."

"... You owe me Namericanos." I glared at her, making her roll her eyes.

"Whatever."

• Park Jiyeong •

"You can't seriously NOT be going, Jiji..." Jangmi pouted.

"Hate to break it to you, but I'm not going." I repeated for what felt like the hundredth time today as I scrolled through my phone.

"But whyyy?!" She whined. "Glitter squid Iseul won't be there!"

"That won't be enough to bribe me." I commented nonchalantly, making her whine again. "Look, I have to finish my assignments too, okay?"

Jangmi pouted, giving me sad puppy eyes. I let out a sigh as I ran a hand through my hair.

"But... I'll... Try to come to your party..." I murmured, making her smile widely.

"Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!" She squealed, hugging me tightly.

"W-what?! Get off me!"

"Ehehe~! I love you, Jiji~!"

"But... I have nothing to wear, though..." I scratched the back of my neck. "Like, people often wear new things..."

Jangmi stared at me, thinking deeply.

"Oh!" She snapped her fingers. "What about that black dress you wanted to wear to prom last year?! The knee-length one?! You can pair it up with black heels and a black purse!"

"I don't have a— Oh, wait, I do..." My eyes widened. A few seconds later, I furrowed my brows, then glanced at her. "Why did I not wear that to prom?! It looked good!"

"Hyeon gave you a dress which very much looked like Cinderella." Jangmi rolled her eyes. "AND you chose a dress Hyeon gave, over a dress I gave!"

"Geez, I'm sorry, okay?" I rolled my eyes as well. "I'm sorry that I didn't want to be the only one showing off my legs."

"Oh, that's okay." Jangmi smiled, patting my head. "Anyways, it's settled! You'll be wearing that black dress, paired up with black heels, and a black purse!"

"That is IF I end up going." I added, making her pout.

"Why do you need to do that...?" She mumbled. "Anyways, I'll go to Jisung and Chenle since you suck."

At that moment, Jisung barged into my room, eyes wide and cheeks pink.

"Noona, help!" He quickly yelled. Jangmi and I stood there before Jangmi started shuffling out of my room.

"I'mma just goooooo..."

She slowly closed the door behind her before I glanced at Jisung.

"What?" I raised a brow. Jisung walked up to my bed, then sat down.

"... Chenle asked me to be his date..." He quietly mumbled, making me choke on my spit. "Yah, bitch! Calm down!"

I continued coughing for a bit before looking at him.

"What?" I asked. "You're freaking serious?"

"I'm freaking serious." He heaved out a sigh. "What do I do?! I mean, I love him, but I don't know if this is a good idea! What if he's just playing around?! What if—"

I grabbed him by his shoulders, forcing him to look at me.

"Tell me this." I commanded sternly. "Do you like Chenle?"

"Y-yes..." He managed to let out.

"Say it with confidence, you idiot!" I shook his shoulders.

"I-I do!" He yelled. "I like— No, I LOVE Chenle!"

I stared at him, a wide smile on my face.

"Good." I chuckled, flicking his forehead. "That confidence won't betray you."

"H-how do you know?!" He glared at me, rubbing his forehead.

"Kim Jangmi made me see that." I shrugged, grabbing my phone. "Now go get your dolphin."

Jisung stood up and walked towards the door. Before he left, he stopped in his tracks for a moment before glancing at me.

"Yeongie?"

"What?"

He walked towards me, then flicked my forehead, making me hiss in pain.

"Thanks." He smirked before leaving.

"Dammit, Pwark..." I grumbled.

☆•☆•☆•☆•☆•☆•☆

"Finally! My assignments are done!"

I let out a sigh as I sunk into my seat. My phone then rang, making me grab it and glance at the caller ID.

Na Jaemin.

I answered it, then moved my phone near my ear.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Jiji! Uh, what color is your dress?" He asked.

"... What... Dress...?" I asked, feeling really confused.

"You know, your dress for Jangmi's party!" He answered. "I wanted to match with my date!"

"... Nana, I don't have a date! Heck, I'm not going, remember?!" I reminded him. The other side of the line went real silent until I heard him whisper underneath his breath.

"Shit, I forgot to ask you..."

☆•☆•☆•☆•☆•☆•☆

Author's Note
Ryeonghaseyo!
Golla ma dish ;)

Question 4 : Five year old Donghyuck or five Donghyucks?

Ciao! :)