4 Months Back

'I was making my way to where Kei was. Apparently, the baby's NIPT report was out. It didn't matter to me whether the baby was a boy or a girl. It feels really weird as I thought I would never say those words. Growing up in the whiteroom I could never imagine myself becoming a father, But I don't really feel happy myself either.  Of course, I am glad that Kei is having my child and is also truly happy with it but what was I feeling ?. It's my child too. so what should I be feeling? 

'Disregarding these thoughts I made my way towards the bedroom. On my way in I saw our private doctor coming out.'

"Congratulations Ayanokoji-san! you are having a baby girl" said the doc with a polite smile

'I went in and found Kei looking at the baby's picture scan admiringly.'

"look Kiyotaka we are having a baby girl!" she said fervently while pointing it to him

Kiyotaka couldn't see shit, however nodded back. 

He was happy to see his wife with her same enthusiasm even during pregnancy. 

He decided to head back to his work as Horikita Manabu was going to be elected as the general attorney today. But his wife immediately stopped him.

"Kiyotaka what should we name our daughter?" She asked mumbling out names like Hana, Shizuku...

"I Don't know Kei I will leave that up to you," Kiyotaka said with indifference in his voice which surprised Kei

"Wha- what do you mean you don't care?" She asked in a sad voice 

"I am busy now Kei so you can decide on the name," he said those words and decided to leave closing the door

"Ayanokōki Kiyotaka" a thunderous voice came out of Kei's mouth. All the servants and doctors could only get startled at the sudden clamorous noise. The person called looked back at his wife.

"Name the child." She ordered.

"Kei I got to go-"

"I said to name the child"

Kei had calm look yet Kiyotaka knew that she was furious. The last time she was this angry was when she met professor Ayanokōji for the first time.

A long silence followed as Kiyotaka was being slammed under Kei's pressure. Nobody could move their feet under this heavy atmosphere. Finally, Kiyotaka replied.

"Kiy... Kiyoko" he replied which surprised him. It was the name of his deceased mother. He didn't know why but the name just flew out of his mouth.

"Kiyoko... what a beautiful name." Kei smiled while stroking her lightly bulged stomach.

Kiyotaka could only walk away in silence.

(where my Vinland saga fans at)

Back To The Present

Kiyotaka somehow made it to the hospital safe. He immediately left his friends in search of his newborn baby. A staff member immediately noticed him and guided him towards his family.

Outside of the room, Kiyotaka could make out few faces waiting for him. They were his in-laws, Ayanokōji group, Hirata, and a few other Kei friends who he was going meet until a loud wailing noise of a baby came from the room. He immediately went in ignoring them.

'damn I am too late' 

Kiyotaka knew that it was only natural for a newborn baby to cry. When exposed to sudden changes in surroundings they find it difficult to breathe. crying is necessary for them to kick start their lungs. However, he couldn't help but feel worried.

the doctors immediately noticed who the man was and let him in without any further questions.

Kiyotaka saw his wife looking at him with an exhausted smile.

'took you long enough' she communicated her thoughts through her eyes.

'sorry'

Kiyotaka then turned his attention towards the wailing sound to find the baby in a cradle. He immediately understood what Ryueen meant when he said he was scared.

'so tiny' he thought almost afraid to hold her.

He looked over at Kei who immediately understood what he was thinking and gave him a nod.

Kiyotaka gently placed the crying baby into his arms and brought her closer to him. She locked her eyes with him curious to see who was this new person holding her.

At that moment everything clicked. She had beautiful blonde hair like silk fluttering from the wind just like her mother's. But her eyes, Golden brown with a slight purple hue just like her father's. 

It looked like a setting sun.

'she's my own blood'

The baby suddenly stopped crying yet tears were still coming out. Kiyotaka put his palm onto his checks. He was the one crying now. Those tears that his eyes had stored finally escaped after years of imprisonment.

"Kiyotaka..." Kei called out to him in a gentle voice snapping him out of his trance.

"thank you Kei" he said to which Kei gave a happy smile.

He again looked at the baby which was snuggling in his arms sleeping peacefully. He felt happy looking at her.

The walls of the hospital were white but it didn't bother him. Cause he knew. He didn't know what kind of father he would turn out to be. But he knew one thing. That no matter what happens he will protect her. No matter what

'Ayanokōji Kiyoko....'

'You are free'

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

(take that Isayama)

1500+ words 

hope you liked this chapter as it was a lot of fun writing

the other easter egg for the last chapter was Kiyone's birthday which happens to be on the same day as Lelouch, December 5th

Btw did you guys read the new tower of god chapter? It's been so long that I didn't understand shit.

Next Chapter: My Father's Mistress

well until we meet again bye-bye

Akito: remind me not to ride with you

Ryueen: kukukuku