Chapter 1

Zhou Zi Shu’s read the papers in his hands with a stern face. Occasionally, he would frown while scanning the numbers stated in the papers. He looked up to his secretary who stood silently in front of him, didn’t dare to make a single move nor sound.

“Are you sure about this report validity?” he asked. His tone made her shudder.

Zhou Zi Shu has always known as a friendly person and well respected by his employees and his business acquaintances.  His position as the CEO never made him become an arrogant employer. He would always put a smile to everyone and replied their greetings warmly. He appreciates people around him. He was the type of person who encourage all his employees to exercise their potential and would fully support them. Of course, in return, he would expect his employees to support him the best they can.

As his secretary for years, Liu Ning knew very well when the man in front of her displeased with something. And she was aware that the report she brought in was screaming problem.

Before he was getting impatient, she replied shortly, “Yes, Sir, I’m sure.” she knew he didn’t need long-winded answer. He knew that she always double check the reports sent to him.

She saw him close his eyes briefly, massaging the bridge of his nose. He looked troubled. He let out a long sigh before giving his instruction.

“Call lawyer Han. I’d like to meet him today or tomorrow morning at the latest.”

“Yes, Sir.” With that she left his office, leaving him alone.

Zhou Zi Shu silently gather the papers into a folder and angrily put it aside. He then stood up and walked to the huge window facing the city full of skyscraper building.  His eyes roaming faraway, looking at nothing in particular. His mind was unsettled as he started to think few different scenarios.

After a longtime, he finally returns to his chair dejectedly, knowing that he could only decide after discussing this matter with his lawyer. He must wait.

The next morning, Zhou Zi Shu already sat in his office earlier. He couldn’t sleep all night and opt to just went to work early. After a long while, Liu Ning arrived at the office. She wasn’t surprised when she saw him in the office. It was one of his habit whenever he had troubled mind.

She entered his office with a cup of coffee and her tablet, preparing herself if Zhou Zi Shu has an instruction for her.

Zhou Zi Shu muttered his gratitude and slowly sipped his coffee. There was a long paused before finally he asked, “When will lawyer Han come to see me?”

“He’ll be here in thirty minutes.”

Zhou Zi Shu nodded. “Have you check how much we lose?”

“We lose work agreement worth of ten million US dollar exclude the company funds.”

Zhou Zi Shu shook his head. “you may go.” He said, leaning back to his chair, closing his eyes. It’s still early in the morning and he already had a headache.

He didn’t know he stayed in his position for so long when he heard Liu Ning knocked his door, announcing lawyer Han’s arrival.

Opening his eyes, he saw the grey-haired man entering his office. Lawyer Han offered him a smile which only replied with a single nod.

Zhou Zi Shu motioned him to sit at the sofa while he followed with a folder in his hand. Giving the folder to the older man, he sat down as well, patiently wait for him to finish reading the report.

“I didn’t know Ryu Jin could be this bold. Embezzlement…selling company’s data.” Lawyer Han whistled, disbelieve with the report in his hand. He met Ryu Jin years ago and he knew very well that the young man was smart and capable. Zhou Zi Shu has always fond of him and trained him well. He put lots of trust in the younger man to the point he promoted him as a branch manager.